|Directed by||Gianni Amelio|
|Cinematography||Luan Amelio Ujkaj|
|Edited by||Simona Paggi|
|Music by||Nicola Piovani|
|Distributed by||01 Distribution|
Hammamet is a 2020 Italian biographical drama co-written and directed by Gianni Amelio, based on the last years of life of Bettino Craxi (1934–2000), an Italian statesman and politician who was the Secretary of the Italian Socialist Party and served as Prime Minister during the 1980s. Craxi is portrayed by Pierfrancesco Favino.
The film was released shortly before the 20th anniversary of Craxi's death, which occurred on 19 January 2000 in the Tunisian town of Hammamet, where he had lived since 1994 to avoid serving a 27-years in jail sentence because of his corruption crimes.
During the late 1990s, after escaping from Italy to avoid imprisonment, the old and ill Bettino Craxi is spending his last days with his wife and daughter in his villa in Hammamet, Tunisia. His new life as a fallen leader and as a fugitive is now dedicated to meeting family members, old friends and obscure figures from his past.
- Pierfrancesco Favino as Bettino Craxi
- Livia Rossi as Anita (a.k.a. Stefania Craxi)
- Alberto Paradossi as Bobo Craxi
- Luca Filippi as Fausto
- Silvia Cohen as Patrizia Caselli
- Renato Carpentieri as the politician
- Claudia Gerini as the secret lover
- Federico Bergamaschi as Francesco, Craxi's nephew
- Omero Antonutti as Craxi's father
- Giuseppe Cederna as Vincenzo
- "Pierfrancesco Favino è Bettino Craxi, l'impressionante somiglianza sul set di 'Hammamet'". La Repubblica (in Italian). 2019-03-19. Retrieved 2020-01-12.
- "Hammamet, il trailer ufficiale del film su Bettino Craxi". MyMovies.it (in Italian). 2019-12-18. Retrieved 2020-01-12.