|Type||River bus services|
|Locale||River Thames, London,|
Greenland Pier is a pier on the River Thames in London, United Kingdom. It is situated at the eastern end of Greenland Dock in the London Borough of Southwark, and is a stop on the Thames commuter catamaran service.
Greenland Pier is a stop on the Thames commuter catamaran service run by Thames Clippers from Embankment, via Tower Millennium Pier, Canary Wharf and on to Greenwich, the O2 and Woolwich Arsenal Pier.
Threats of closure due to maintenance issues have been a recurrent problem in recent years. Despite a pledge to revamp the pier for the London 2012 Olympics, Southwark Council was unable to secure the investment required and served notice of the pier's closure on 16 March 2012. Subsequent negotiations between Thames Clippers and Southwark Council resulted in its purchase by Thames Clippers, who will now take responsibility for its upkeep.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Greenland Pier.|
- Greenland Pier closure March 2010
- Greenland Pier Update Aug 2011
- Greenland Pier Update Feb 2012
- Southwark's Greenland Pier set for revamp in time for Olympics
- "Response from Cllr Paul Noblet". Archived from the original on 15 July 2012. Retrieved 19 April 2012.
- Greenland Pier Update - 21 February 2012
- KPMG Thames Clippers Secure Future Of Greenland Pier