|Died||19 October 2020 (aged 79)|
Gianni Dei (21 December 1940 – 19 October 2020) was an Italian actor and singer.
Life and career
Born in Bologna, after completing his high school studies Dei moved to Rome to pursue an acting career. He made his film debut in 1960, in a minor role in Mario Camerini's Run with the Devil. After several minor appearances, he debuted in a main role in 1967, in the Massimo Franciosa's teen romantic comedy Pronto... c'è una certa Giuliana per te. His career was later characterized by several other main roles, but always in B-movies and low-budget films, notably the title role in the horror film Patrick Still Lives. From the late 1980s he was also active as a pop singer.
- A Girl... and a Million (1962)
- The Seventh Grave (1965)
- Sheriff Won't Shoot (1965)
- La donnaccia (1965)
- Pronto... c'è una certa Giuliana per te (1967)
- Madame Bovary (1969)
- A White Dress for Marialé (1972)
- The Last Round (1972)
- The Killers Are Our Guests (1974)
- Batton Story (1976)
- Giallo a Venezia (1979)
- Patrick Still Lives (1980)
- Roberto Chiti; Roberto Poppi; Enrico Lancia. Dizionario del cinema italiano : Gli attori dal 1930 ai giorni nostri. Gremese Editore, 2003. pp. 187–188. ISBN 8884402131.
- Gian Luca Castoldi. Donne in prigione: nazisti, horror e fantascienza, thriller, decameroni e film esotici. Profondo rosso, 2005. p. 59. ISBN 8889084618.