|Gerhard Krohn Rollefson|
Background and Career
Rollefson received his bachelor's and master's degrees from the University of Wisconsin–Madison. His dissertation concerned Ebullioscopic constant measurement of mixed liquid media. He then completed his Ph.D. at the University of California, Berkeley. Rollefson was a specialist in physical chemistry and studied the impact of X-ray radiation on a variety of materials. Rollefson published a book with Milton Burton in 1939: Photochemistry and the Mechanisms of Chemical Reactions.
Rollefson was a long-serving editor of Annual Reviews in Physical Chemistry.
- "John Simon Guggenheim Foundation | Gerhard Krohn Rollefson". Retrieved 2020-07-24.
- Rollefson, G. K. (1921). Ebulliscopic measurements in mixed liquids.
- Rollefson, Gerhard Krohn (1924-01-01). "Spectral Series in the Soft X-ray Region". Physical Review. 23 (1): 35–45. Bibcode:1924PhRv...23...35R. doi:10.1103/PhysRev.23.35.
- Rollefson, G. K.; Burton, Milton (1939). Photochemistry and the mechanism of chemical reactions. Prentice-Hall chemistry series. New York: Prentice-Hall.
- Rollefson, Gerhard Krohn (1955). Annual Review of Physical Chemistry. Annual Reviews, Incorporated.