The General History of Chinese Administrative Divisions (Chinese: 中国行政区划通史; pinyin: Zhōngguó Xíngzhèng Qūhuá Tōngshǐ) is a series of Chinese-language books published by Fudan University Press covering the history of Chinese administrative divisions from the earliest dynasties (Shang and Zhou) to the Republic of China (1912–1949). It comprises 13 volumes (volumes 3 and 6 consist of two books each), published between 2007 and 2016. The general editor is Zhou Zhenhe, senior professor of Fudan University. The series is China's first comprehensive academic history of the country's administrative divisions. It was one of the national key publishing projects supported by China's General Administration of Press and Publication. A second edition of the entire series was published in September 2017.
The volumes of the series are as follows:
- 1. Overview and pre-Qin dynasty (by Zhou Zhenhe and Li Xiaojie 李晓杰)
- 2. Qin and Han dynasties (by Zhou Zhenhe, Li Xiaojie, and Zhang Li 张莉)
- 3. Three Kingdoms, Jin dynasty, and the Southern Dynasties (two books) (by Hu Axiang 胡阿祥, Kong Xiangjun 孔祥军, and Xu Cheng 徐成)
- 4. Sixteen Kingdoms and the Northern Dynasties (by Mu Fasong 牟发松, Wu Youjiang 毋有江, and Wei Junjie 魏俊杰)
- 5. Sui dynasty (by Shi Hejin 施和金)
- 6. Tang dynasty (two books) (by Guo Shengbo 郭声波)
- 7. Five Dynasties and Ten Kingdoms (by Li Xiaojie)
- 8. Song dynasty and the Western Xia (by Li Changxian 李昌宪)
- 9. Liao and Jurchen Jin dynasties (by Yu Wei 余蔚)
- 10. Yuan dynasty (by Li Zhi'an 李治安 and Xue Lei 薛磊)
- 11. Ming dynasty (by Guo Hong 郭红 and Jin Runcheng 靳润成)
- 12. Qing dynasty (by Fu Linxiang 傅林祥, Lin Juan 林涓, Ren Yuxue 任玉雪, and Wang Weidong 王卫东)
- 13. Republic of China (1912–1949) (by Fu Linxiang and Zheng Baoheng 郑宝恒)
- "中国行政区划通史·秦汉卷" (in Chinese). Fudan University Press. November 2016.