|Founder||Michelle Haunold, Mike Lavella|
|Country of origin||United States|
Magazine and festivals
The organization, originally a magazine, has also hosted festivals. Wrote Exclaim! in 2003:
For a lot of the world Gearhead magazine defined the whole 'hot rod punk rock and roll revolution' back in the 90s championing bands like the Supersuckers and Rocket from the Crypt. Well, this bunch of grease-crazed garage freaks started a record label not so long ago and have also managed to put on rock fests worldwide, and some could argue that the Swedish Gearfest festival turned a lot of ears on to the retro-rock sounds coming out of there [sic] way before a lot of mainstream press was even aware of it all.
Gearfest returned in 2016 with a line up that included The Troublemakers, The Roxy Suicide (featuring Dave Mansfield from the Gearhead band The Mansfields), Red Planet, Pat Todd and the Rank Outsiders and Leesa From the Creamers. The festival was held on September 24th in Sacramento California.
This section needs additional citations for verification. (August 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- "Demons" (Sweden)
- The Dragons (San Diego, CA)
- Electric Eel Shock (Japan)
- Gito Gito Hustler (Japan)
- Hard Feelings (band) (Austin, TX)
- Hellacopters (Sweden)
- Hellbound Glory (Reno, NV)
- The Hives (Sweden)
- Lords of Altamont (Los Angeles, CA)
- The Mansfields (Denver, CO)
- New Bomb Turks (Columbus, OH)
- Red Planet (San Francisco, CA)
- The Riverboat Gamblers (Denton, TX)
- Rock n Roll Soldiers (Eugene, OR)
- Turbo A.C.'s (New York, NY)
- Wildhearts (UK)
- Blabbermouth (2009-04-15). "CRANK COUNTY DAREDEVILS Sign With GEARHEAD RECORDS". BLABBERMOUTH.NET. Retrieved 2021-04-16.
- Punknews.org. "About Gearhead Records". www.punknews.org. Retrieved 2021-04-16.
- Daniels, Craig (Aug 31, 2003). "Gearhead Records Smash Up Derby". Exclaim!. Retrieved 2016-09-22.
- Legarreta, Raina (September 21, 2016). "Gear Up For "Gearfest"". Elk Grove Citizen. Retrieved 2016-09-22.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Gearhead Records.|