|Born||November 24, 1971|
Avitabile was born in Lyon, France. At nine, he began to study music at the Lyon Conservatoire, including Bach, Mozart and Debussy. At seventeen, he became interested in jazz, particularly Keith Jarrett and Chick Corea. Later, he became the only musician for whom Michel Petrucciani produced a record. Both are synesthesia composer and performer. He is also the composer of 60 published compositions. In 2016, Franck Avitabile became record producer of Michel Petrucciani with the album Both Worlds Live North Sea Jazz Festival (1998), including a LIve with The Hague Philharmonic (1997) and a duet with Steve Gadd at Montreux Jazz Festival (1998).
Awards and honors
- First Prize - Vanves Piano Jazz Competition (Martial Solal, Jury President) (1996)
- First Prize - Conservatoire National Superieur de Musique de Paris (1998)
- Second Grand Prize - Concours International de la Ville de Paris - Martial Solal Piano Jazz International Competition 1998
- FIP Selection (CD of the month) for the album In Tradition, 1998
- DjangodOr - Best First Record Album, France 1999
- Talent MIDEM & Europeen Django d'Or nomination, 2000
- INDISPENSABLE Jazz Hot magazine for the album Bemsha Swing, 2002
- Talent Jazz & Electro ADAMI 2003
- Victoires de la Musique - Revelation of the year 2004
- CHOC Jazzman magazine for the album Just Play, 2006
- Coup de coeur Tele Loisirs for the album Short Stories, 2006
- Best Album, Jazz magazine for the album Short Stories, 2006
- MUST TSF Jazz Radio for the album Short Stories, 2006
- CHOC Jazzman magazine for the album Short Stories, 2006
- FIP Radio CD of the month for the album Paris Sketches, 2009
|1997||Lumieres||Dreyfus||Trio, with Louis Petrucciani (bass), Thomas Grimmonprez (drums)|
|2000||Right Time||Dreyfus||Trio, with Niels-Henning Ørsted Pedersen (bass), Roberto Gatto (drums)|
|1998||In Tradition||Dreyfus||Trio, with Riccardo Del Fra (bass), Luigi Bonafede (drums)|
|2002||Body & Soul||Video Arts|
|2002||Bemsha Swing||Dreyfus||Trio, with Rémi Vignolo (bass), Dré Pallemærts (drums)|
|2005||Just Play||Dreyfus||Solo piano|
|2006||Short Stories||Dreyfus||Solo piano|
|2008||Paris Sketches||Dreyfus||Trio, with Pino Palladino (electric bass), Manu Katché (drums)|
- "Franck Avitabile". PianoBleu.com. Retrieved 8 August 2012.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2014-03-02. Retrieved 2014-02-26.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- "As a leader". avitabile.free.fr (in French). Retrieved 23 October 2017.
- "Franck Avitabile | Album Discography | AllMusic". AllMusic. Retrieved 23 October 2017.