Farm Credit of New Mexico is a FCS Agricultural Credit Association that provides New Mexico's farmers, ranchers, agricultural business, farm co-operatives and homeowners in rural communities with loans and banking services related to commercial and consumer needs. Headquartered in Albuquerque, it is the largest agricultural lender serving New Mexico. It is within both CoBank's and Farm Credit Bank of Texas's charter territories.
In recent years, Farm Credit of New Mexico has placed increased emphasis on expanding lending opportunities to the state's younger farmers and ranchers. In 2006, the institution launched a $250,000 scholarship program based at New Mexico State University. This program provides a $2,000 annual scholarship the children and grandchildren of Farm Credit of New Mexico members' enrolled as undergraduates at the university.
- Profile: "Farm Credit of New Mexico", Investing/BusinessWeek.com, accessed August 27, 2008.
- "Ag lender puts up millions to stem loss of young farmers", New Mexico Business Weekly, April 15, 2005, accessed August 27, 2008.
- "Earnings way up at Farm Credit System lenders in NM", New Mexico Business Weekly, December 31, 2004, accessed August 27, 2008.
- Funding for Young Farmers and Ranchers Sprouted in '02", New Mexico Business Weekly, July 18, 2003, accessed August 27, 2008.
- "Farm Credit gives $250,000 for endowed scholarship at NMSU" Archived 2013-01-25 at archive.today, High Plains/Midwest Ag Journal, December 15, 2005, accessed August 27, 2008.