Exmatriculation is the removal of a student's name from the list of current students when they leave a university. It refers to the deregistering or unenrolling of a student as a result of graduation, expulsion, inability to pay school fees, meet academic progress requirements or their self withdrawal from the university.
In cases of voluntary withdrawal, some schools, depending on their various conditions, may reimburse part of the fees if the student applies for it. Unlike after a leave of absence, continuation of your studies following voluntary exmatriculation may be faced with difficulties.
Expelled students are usually barred from being readmitted into the university from which they were exmatriculated. However, in different cases, there are various exceptions and conditions for reapplying into the same university. There have also been cases of students whose expulsion was welcomed by the public's pressure and protests to revert it. Students who were exmatriculated due to failure to meet payment deadlines or continuous academic progress can also apply to be readmitted within a period of time depending on the school.
- "Exmatriculation — Studierendenportal". www.studium.uni-freiburg.de. Archived from the original on 2018-03-30. Retrieved 2018-03-29.
- "Exmatriculation". www.ut.ee. Retrieved 2018-03-29.
- "Withdrawal from University (Exmatriculation)". www.fu-berlin.de. 2016-02-10. Retrieved 2018-03-29.
- Öffentlichkeitsarbeit, Georg-August-Universität Göttingen -. "Universität Göttingen - Georg-August-Universität Göttingen". www.uni-goettingen.de (in German). Retrieved 2018-03-29.
- "Exmatriculation - Osnabrück University". www.uni-osnabrueck.de. Retrieved 2018-03-29.
- "De-registration (Exmatrikulation) - Organizing Your Studies - Studying - Studium - University of Potsdam". www.uni-potsdam.de. Retrieved 2018-03-29.
- Hohenheim, University of. "Exmatriculation: University of Hohenheim". www.uni-hohenheim.de. Retrieved 2018-03-29.
- "Withdrawal/ Expulsion /Readmission".
- "Readmission After Suspension or Expulsion - Hawkeye Community College". www.hawkeyecollege.edu. Retrieved 2018-03-29.
- "ABFSU, NNER demand re-admission of expelled student activist- DVB Multimedia Group". DVB Multimedia Group. 2017-06-05. Retrieved 2018-03-29.
- "University to readmit expelled students". Daily Nation. Retrieved 2018-03-29.
- "Three UoN students in riot case readmitted, expulsion quashed". The Star, Kenya. Retrieved 2018-03-29.
- "Expelled student wins case against Nigerian university - Premium Times Nigeria". Premium Times Nigeria. 2017-12-19. Retrieved 2018-03-29.
- "UC Berkeley Refuses To Readmit Student Expelled Over Rape Allegations". CBS San Francisco. 2015-11-19. Retrieved 2018-03-29.