|Born||1970 (age 50–51)|
|Origin||Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
|Genres||Rock, heavy metal, punk|
|Occupation(s)||Producer, engineer, mixer|
Eric Ratz is a Canadian producer, engineer, and mixer. He has won multiple Grammy and Juno awards. Throughout his career, Ratz has worked with some of Canada's most successful and influential rock bands, including Arkells, Big Wreck, Billy Talent, Cancer Bats, Danko Jones, and Monster Truck. He has been nominated for 11 Juno awards in both the Producer and Recording Engineer categories. He has won the Jack Richardson Producer of the Year Award, two Recording Engineer of the Year Juno Awards, and a Grammy award.
Awards and nominations
|Year||Nominee / work||Award||Result|
|1997||Enrique Iglesias - Enrique Iglesias||Best Latin Pop Album||Won|
|1998||Enrique Iglesias - Vivir||Nominated|
|Year||Nominee / work||Award||Result|
|1997||Big Sugar - Hemi-Vision - Engineer/Mixer||Rock Album of the Year||Nominated|
|2000||Danko Jones - My Love Is Bold - Engineer/Mixer||Best Alternative Album||Nominated|
|2001||Sarah Harmer - You Were Here - Mixer||Best Pop Album||Nominated|
|2005||Sarah Slean - Day One - Mixer||Adult Alternative Album of the Year||Nominated|
|Sarah Harmer - All Of Our Names - Engineer/Mixer||Won|
|Thornley - Come Again - Engineer||Rock Album of the Year||Nominated|
|The Tea Party - Seven Circles - Engineer||Nominated|
|2007||Billy Talent - Devil In A Midnight Mass - Engineer||Single of the Year||Nominated|
|Billy Talent - Billy Talent II - Engineer||Rock Album of the Year||Won|
|Album of the Year||Nominated|
|2008||Billy Talent - 666 Live - Audio Producer||Music DVD of the Year||Won|
|2010||Stereos - Stereos - Engineer||Pop Album of the Year||Nominated|
|Metric - Fantasies - Engineer||Alternative Album of the Year||Won|
|Billy Talent - Billy Talent III - Engineer||Album of the Year||Nominated|
|Rock Album of the Year||Won|
|2011||Cancer Bats - Bears, Mayors, Scraps and Bones - Producer||Nominated|
|2013||Billy Talent - Viking Death March - Engineer||Single of the Year||Nominated|
|Cancer Bats - Dead Set On Living - Producer||Metal/Hard Music Album of the Year||Nominated|
|Billy Talent - Dead Silence - Engineer||Rock Album of the Year||Nominated|
|Big Wreck - Albatross - Producer||Nominated|
|Monster Truck - Producer||Breakthrough Group of the Year||Won|
|2014||Monster Truck - Furiosity - Producer||Rock Album of the Year||Nominated|
|2015||Skull Fist - Chasing the Dream - Mixer||Metal/Hard Music Album of the Year||Nominated|
|Big Wreck - Ghosts - Producer||Rock Album of the Year||Nominated|
|Arkells - High Noon - Producer||Won|
|Arkells - Producer||Group of the Year||Won|
|2016||Diemonds - Never Wanna Die - Producer||Heavy Metal Album of the Year||Nominated|
|2017||Monster Truck - Sittin' Heavy - Producer||Rock Album of the Year||Nominated|
|Billy Talent - Afraid of Heights - Engineer||Nominated|
|Billy Talent - Engineer||Group of the Year||Nominated|
|Mandroid Echostar - Coral Throne - Producer||Metal/Hard Music Album of the Year||Won|
|2018||Splash'N Boots - Love, Kisses and Hugs - Producer||Children's Album of the Year||Nominated|
|Arkells - Knocking at the Door - Producer||Video of the Year||Nominated|
|Single of the Year||Nominated|
|2019||Arkells - Producer||Group of the Year||Won|
|Cancer Bats - The Spark That Moves - Engineer||Metal/Hard Music Album of the Year||Nominated|
|Monster Truck - True Rockers - Engineer||Rock Album of the Year||Nominated|
|Arkells - Rally Cry - Producer||Won|
Producer and recording engineer awards
|Year||Nominee / work||Award||Result||Ref.|
|2005||"Lucky Me" and "Day One" by Sarah Slean||Recording Engineer of the Year||Nominated|||
|2007||"Devil in a Midnight Mass" and "Red Flag" By Billy Talent||Nominated|
|2013||"Albatross" by Big Wreck and "Surprise, Surprise!" By Billy Talent||Nominated|
|2014||"Sweet Mountain River" and "The Lion" by Monster Truck||Won|
|Jack Richardson Producer of the Year||Nominated|
|2015||"Ghosts" by Big Wreck and "Satellite Hotel" by One Bad Son||Recording Engineer of the Year||Won|
|"Leather Jacket" by Arkells and "Ghosts" by Big Wreck||Jack Richardson Producer of the Year||Nominated|
|2017||"Afraid of Heights" by Billy Talent and "Don't Tell me How to Live" by Monster Truck||Recording Engineer of the Year||Nominated|
|"The Enforcer" by Monster Truck and "Fever" by Royal Tusk||Jack Richardson Producer of the Year||Nominated|
|2018||"Knocking at the Door" by Arkells and "My Little RnR" by Danko Jones||Recording Engineer of the Year||Nominated|
|2019||"People's Champ" and "Relentless" by Arkells||Jack Richardson Producer of the Year||Won|||
- Zebra, Plaid (14 August 2014). "Arkells' High Noon Gets Me Just As Hot As Classic Photos Of Grace Kelly". Plaid Zebra.
- Story, Jared (18 July 2012). "Backstage Pass: Big Wreck is back again". Metro Winnipeg. Retrieved 18 July 2012.
- Clay, Chris (19 February 2013). "Billy Talent up for three Junos". Mississauga News. Retrieved 19 February 2013.
- Hudson, Alex (24 January 2012). "Cancer Bats Detail 'Dead Set on Living'". Exclaim. Retrieved 29 July 2013.
- "This Is Danko Jones". Q106 FM. 14 April 2009. Retrieved 14 April 2009.
- Fanelli, Damian (23 May 2013). "Exclusive Album Premiere: Monster Truck — 'Furiosity'". Guitar World. Retrieved 5 July 2013.
- Rockingham, Graham (27 May 2013). "The Furiosity of Monster Truck". Hamilton Spectator. Retrieved 5 July 2013.
- "2019 JACK RICHARDSON PRODUCER OF THE YEAR | Eric Ratz". The JUNO Awards. Retrieved 2019-03-19.
- Zoratti, Jen (29 March 2014). "Eclectic cluster of winners at Juno Gala". Winnipeg Free Press. Retrieved 29 March 2014.
- Staff Reporter (15 March 2015). "A list of winners at the Juno Awards". The Canadian Press. Retrieved 15 March 2015.
- "Discography". Discography ~ ENRIQUE ADDICTS | www.enriqueaddicts.blogspot.com ● [EA]™ Enrique Iglesias. 2011-10-25. Retrieved 2019-03-19.
- "Artist Summary - Eric Ratz". junoawards.ca. Retrieved 19 April 2017.
- "2019 JACK RICHARDSON PRODUCER OF THE YEAR | Eric Ratz". The JUNO Awards. Retrieved 2019-03-11.