|Directed by||S. S. Balan|
|Produced by||S. S. Balan|
|Story by||Gorur Ramasawamy Iyengar|
|Music by||V. Kumar|
|11 April 1975|
Ellorum Nallavare (transl. All people are good) is a 1975 Indian Tamil-language film, directed and produced by S. S. Balan. It is a remake of the 1974 Kannada film Bhootayyana Maga Ayyu. It was simultaneously produced in Telugu and Hindi languages as Andaroo Manchivare (transl. Everyone is good) and Ek Gaon Ki Kahani (transl. The story of a village). The trilingual was the last production of Gemini Studios; except for the Telugu version, it emerged a box-office bomb and led to the studio's collapse.
The story line includes characters like a greedy moneylender and his repentant son, a good Samaritan, who is a victim of the unscrupulous moneylender, his son, the enmity that springs up, romance thrown in for good measure, the fury unleashed by a remorseless nature, and the terrible wages that evil earns.
Ellorum Nallavare was produced and directed by S. S. Balan. It was the final film produced under the Gemini Studios banner. It was a trilingual, produced in Tamil, Telugu and Hindi languages. The Telugu version was titled Andaroo Manchivare, and the Hindi version was titled Ek Gaon Ki Kahani.
|1||"Sivappukkal"||T. M. Soundararajan, P. Susheela||Kannadasan|
|2||"Padaithaane Bramma Devan"||S. P. Balasubramaniyan||Panchu Arunachalam|
|3||"Yamma Kannu"||S. P. Balasubramaniyan||Panchu Arunachalam|
|4||"Pagai Konda Ullam"||K. J. Yesudas||Pulamaipithan|
- Rajadhyaksha & Willemen 1998, p. 99.
- Rajadhyaksha & Willemen 1998, p. 594.
- "தேவரை தியேட்டருக்கு வரவழைத்த வாசன்! ( தமிழ்சினிமா முன்னோடிகள்: தொடர் -14)". Ananda Vikatan (in Tamil). 2 November 2015. Retrieved 27 February 2018.
- Pillai, Swarnavel Eswaran (2015). Madras Studios: Narrative, Genre and Ideology in Tamil Cinema. India: SAGE Publications. p. 100.
- Ashokamitran (2016). Fourteen Years with Boss. Penguin Books. p. 161. ISBN 978-0-14-342329-4.
- Vaidiyanathan, K. (23 December 2014). "S S Balan was the doyen of Tamil journalism". Exchange4media. Retrieved 20 March 2018.
- Bhaskar, Vijaya (14 January 2006). "1975 – The mother of all years". Idlebrain. Retrieved 19 October 2018.
- "EK GAON KI KAHANI (1975)". British Film Institute. Retrieved 13 April 2018.
- "Ellorum Nallavare". Saregama. Retrieved 27 February 2018.
- "Ellorum Nallavare — Single". iTunes. Archived from the original on 3 November 2016. Retrieved 27 February 2018.
- Raj, Michael (19 December 2017). "விகடன் எம்.டி பாலசுப்ரமணியம் காலமான தினமின்று ..." Nellai Times now (in Tamil). Retrieved 13 April 2018.
- Kandavel, Sangeetha (24 November 2011). "Tamil director Gautham Vasudev Menon making India's first trilingual film". The Economic Times. Retrieved 19 October 2018.
- Rajadhyaksha, Ashish; Willemen, Paul (1998) . Encyclopaedia of Indian Cinema (PDF). Oxford University Press. ISBN 0-19-563579-5.