Sir Chamier passed Indian Civil Service. He was Knighted on 1 January 1916 and was appointed as the Chief Justice of the Patna High Court on 1 March 1916 and retired on 30 October 1917. During this tenure he set up an example of judicial autonomy at the time of inaugurated the High Court building in 1916. In the opening ceremony Justice Chamier neither invited Lieutenant Governor of the province Sir Edward Albert Gait nor even Viceroy Lord Hardinge.
- Debrett's Peerage, Baronetage, Knightage, and Companionage. Kelly's Directories. 1971.
- "The Discovery Service". The National Archives (United Kingdom). Retrieved 2021-06-06.
- "The High Court of Judicature at Patna". patnahighcourt.gov.in. Retrieved 2021-06-06.
- Society, Bihar and Orissa Research (1917). Journal of the Bihar and Orissa Research Society. The Society.
- "When Chief Justice of Patna High Court kept Viceroy Lord Hardinge, LG out". The Economic Times. Retrieved 2021-06-06.
- "When Chief Justice of Patna High Court kept Viceroy, LG out". Business Standard India. Press Trust of India. 2015-08-02. Retrieved 2021-06-06.
- "Database of Manuscripts and Archives", Lambeth Palace Library, retrieved 9 June 2021