|Founder||Edward Augustus Arnold|
|Successor||Taylor & Francis|
|Country of origin||United Kingdom|
|Publication types||Books, journals|
|Nonfiction topics||medicine and nursing|
Edward Arnold Publishers Ltd was a British publishing house with its head office in London. The firm had published books for over 100 years. It was acquired by Hodder & Stoughton in 1987 and became part of the Hodder Education group in 2001. In 2006, Hodder Arnold sold its academic journals to SAGE Publications. In 2012, Hodder Education sold its medical and higher education lines, including Arnold, to Taylor & Francis. Edward Arnold published books and journals for students, academics and professionals.
He set up his own publishing business in January 1890. Trading under his own name and later as Edward Arnold & Co., he specialized in educational books, exploration, mountaineering, Egyptology, and medical and scientific texts. He published most of E. M. Forster's major works.
- Hodder Education Website
- "SAGE Publications Acquires Hodder Arnold's Journals". Retrieved 2018-01-27.
- "Trillium Partners extends its educational and academic publishing M&A sector experience". Archived from the original on 2014-02-20. Retrieved 2014-03-22.
- "Arnold, Edward". The Oxford Companion to the Book. Oxford University Press. January 2010. ISBN 9780198606536.
- Bryan Bennett, ‘Arnold, Edward Augustus (1857–1942)’, Oxford Dictionary of National Biography, Oxford University Press, 2004; online edn, May 2008 accessed 19 Jan 2014
- Bryan Bennett and Anthony Hamilton, Edward Arnold: 100 Years of Publishing, London: Edward Arnold [Hodder & Stoughton], 1990. ISBN 0 340 54109 1. Illustrated with black and white plates and recounts the publishing company of Edward Arnold & Co. in the years 1890–1990.
- Bennett, Bryan; Hamilton, Anthony (1991). "Edward Arnold; Edward Arnold and Company; Edward Arnold (Publishers) Limited; Edward Arnold, a Division of Hodder and Stoughton Limited". In Jonathan Rose; Patricia Anderson (eds.). British Literary Publishing Houses, 1881-1965. Detroit, MI: Gale. Retrieved 2019-06-12.
- Works by Edward Arnold at Project Gutenberg
- Works by or about Edward Arnold at Internet Archive
- Publisher Edward Arnold & Co. at National Archives - correspondence with the Royal Geographical Society between Sept. 1923 and Nov. 1926.