|Founder||Guy Debeer, Natan Peterfreund|
|Defunct||2 June 2015|
|Website||Playcast Media Systems|
EA Israel, formerly GameFly Streaming and Playcast Media Systems, is a cloud gaming service company, based in Caesarea, Israel. In June 2015, Playcast merged with rival cloud gaming company GameFly. Playcast was backed by Venture Capital firms Jerusalem Venture Partners (JVP) and MK Capital.
Playcast Media Systems was founded in 2007 by Mr. Guy Debeer and Dr. Natan Peterfreund. In February 2008 a Beta version was installed on a live cable network and latterly a large scale pilot was installed on a Hot cable TV network to test in Israel.
Playcast was among the first gaming-on-demand technology services companies for Cable and IPTV in the world and had partnerships with some of the largest video game publishers in the world, including: Activision, Atari, Disney, Capcom, Codemasters, THQ and Strategy First.
In November 2010, Portugal Telecom and Playcast Media Systems announced the first commercial launch of the new service, available on Portugal Telecom's platform., the service was named Meo Jogos,.
In October 2013, Playcast cloud gaming service was launched to customers of French fixed and mobile operator Bouygues Telecom; the service was made available on TVs for users of Bouygues Telecom’s Bbox Sensation set-top box, offering instant gaming on more than 50 titles.
- GameFly acquires Playcast, launches streaming service
- U.S.-based GameFly merges with Israel’s Playcast to stream video games over Amazon Fire TV
- GameFly buys Israeli cloud gaming company Playcast
- Contact Us - Playcast
- "Business Week". Investing.businessweek.com. Retrieved 2010-11-20.
- "Gamesindustry.biz". Gamesindustry.biz. 2009-07-21. Retrieved 2010-12-01.
- http://www.techmagnews.com/ps3-quality-lag-free-gaming-via-your-set-top-box.html Techmagnews.com
- News Post - JVP. Jvpvc.com (2011-01-25). Retrieved on 2013-08-23.
- "Playcast Does Away with Consoles for TV Video Games". Techwatch.co.uk. 2007-10-28. Retrieved 2010-12-01.
- Hartley, Adam (2009-07-20). "Techradar.com". Techradar.com. Retrieved 2010-12-01.
- Times Online[dead link]
- "Trading Markets". Trading Markets. 2010-11-11. Retrieved 2010-11-20.[permanent dead link]
- "Engadget.com". Engadget.com. Retrieved 2010-12-01.
- Yahoo Finance Portugal Telecom and Playcast[dead link]
- "MEO Jogos". Archived from the original on 2011-11-25. Retrieved 2011-11-19.
- Cloud gaming co Playcast Media in Korean TV deal
- NVIDIA GRID Technology to Power Playcast Cloud-Gaming Solution at France’s Bouygues Telecom
- Playcast Media Announces Cloud Gaming App Now In Beta For Amazon Fire TV; By William Cannon | Jul 30 2014