|Former names||First Market Stadium|
|Location||238 Boatwright Drive|
Richmond, Virginia 23173 USA
|Owner||University of Richmond|
|Operator||University of Richmond|
|Broke ground||October 25, 2008|
|Opened||September 18, 2010|
|Construction cost||$28 million|
McMillan, Pazdan, Smith
|Structural engineer||Dunbar Milby Williams Pittman & Vaughan|
|Services engineer||Thompson Consulting Engineers|
|General contractor||Hourigan Construction|
(football, soccer, lacrosse, track & field)
E. Claiborne Robins Stadium is an 8,217-seat multi-purpose stadium at the University of Richmond in Richmond, Virginia. It is home to the Richmond Spiders football, men's lacrosse, women's lacrosse, women's soccer, and women's track and field teams. The men's soccer team played there until 2012, when the university discontinued the program.
Known for many years as the Soccer/Track Complex, the original 2,000-seat facility was renamed First Market Stadium in 2001 following a sponsorship from First Market Bank (now Atlantic Union Bank).
In 2002, the stadium's track was completely rebuilt. In 2003, it was named the Fred Hardy Track in honor of the longtime Spiders coach. The playing surface was changed from natural grass to FieldTurf, an artificial turf, in 2004.
Renovations on the stadium began on December 20, 2008, coincidentally the day after the Spiders football team won the 2008 NCAA Division I Football Championship – the school's first national title in any sport.
- "Homecoming Weekend". The Alumni Magazine. 2008.
- "University of Richmond Alumni Magazine – Winter 2010: Around the Lake: Construction stays on track".
- "LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design)". Thompson Consulting Engineers.
- "UNIVERSITY OF RICHMOND - Robins Football Stadium" (PDF). University of Richmond.
- "Awards". Hourigan Construction.
- "Robins Stadium" (Press release). Richmond Spiders. February 9, 2015.
- Woody, Paul (November 3, 2012). "As Richmond soccer ends, players face difficult choices". Richmond Times-Dispatch.
- O'Connor, John (September 17, 2009). "UR's on-campus stadium will carry Robins' name". Richmond Times-Dispatch.
- "Track Renovations Complete". Richmond Spiders (Press release). September 24, 2002.
- "Robins Stadium". Richmond Spiders.
- "New FieldTurf In First Market Stadium Unveiled". Richmond Spiders. August 13, 2004.
- "Robins Foundation awards $8 million to University of Richmond for on-campus stadium and Westhampton Center". University of Richmond (Press release). January 3, 2008.
- "Congratulations Class Of 2009!". Richmond Spiders (Press release). May 10, 2009.
- "A New Day". University of Richmond. August 2, 2010.
- "E. Claiborne Robins Stadium – Richmond Spiders". Stadium Journey.