|Dundee City West|
for the Scottish Parliament
|Party||Scottish National Party|
|Council area||Dundee City|
|Created from||Dundee West|
Dundee City West is a constituency of the Scottish Parliament (Holyrood). It elects one Member of the Scottish Parliament (MSP) by the first past the post method of election. Also, however, it is one of ten constituencies in the North East Scotland electoral region, which elects seven additional members, in addition to ten constituency MSPs, to produce a form of proportional representation for the region as a whole.
For the 2011 Scottish Parliament election, the existing Dundee West constituency was redrawn slightly (the only differences being the addition of the 'Hebrides' neighbourhood at Claverhouse just west of the A90 road, and the edge-of-town housing developments at Dykes of Gray and the former Liff Hospital) and renamed Dundee City West.
The other nine constituencies of the North East Scotland region are Aberdeen Central, Aberdeen Donside, Aberdeen South and North Kincardine, Aberdeenshire East, Aberdeenshire West, Angus North and Mearns, Angus South, Banffshire and Buchan Coast and Dundee City East.
Constituency boundaries and council area
The Dundee West constituency was created at the same time as the Scottish Parliament, in 1999, with the name and boundaries of an existing Westminster constituency. In 2005, however, the boundaries of the Westminster (House of Commons) constituency were subject to some alteration.
- In full: Strathmartine, Lochee, West End
- In part: Coldside, Maryfield, North East (shared with Dundee City East)
Member of the Scottish Parliament
|Liberal Democrats||Daniel Coleman||1,269||3.9||0.3||903||2.8||0.3|
|All for Unity||259||0.8||New|
|Independent Green Voice||225||0.7||New|
|Restore Scotland||Ewan Gurr||410||1.3||1.3||124||0.4||New|
|Abolish the Scottish Parliament||78||0.2||New|
|Liberal Democrats||Daniel Coleman||1,008||3.6||0.7||707||2.5||0.5|
|Liberal Democrats||Allison Burns||1,063||4.3||N/A||749||3.0||N/A|
|All-Scotland Pensioners Party||444||1.8||N/A|
|SNP win (new seat)|
- "Scottish Parliamentary Constituency (SPC) Population Estimates (2011 Data Zone based)]". National Records of Scotland. Retrieved 6 May 2021.
- Dundee West 1999-2011, Local Government Boundary Commission for Scotland
- Dundee City West - from 2011, Local Government Boundary Commission for Scotland
- "First Periodic Review of Scottish Parliament Boundaries Final Report" (PDF). Boundaries Scotland. May 2010. p. 105. Retrieved 2 July 2021.
- "Constituencies A-Z: Dundee City West". BBC News. Retrieved 7 May 2021.
- "Scottish Parliamentary Elections - 6th May 2021". Dundee City Council. Retrieved 7 May 2021.
- "SPE2016 - North East Scotland Regional List results by constituency" (PDF). Aberdeen City Council. Retrieved 1 July 2021.
- "Dundee City East - Scottish Parliament constituency". BBC News. Retrieved 14 October 2020.
- "2011 Election analysis (Excel 2.37MB)". Scottish Parliament. Retrieved 23 June 2021.
- "Results and turnout at the 2011 Scottish Parliament election". Electoral Commission. Retrieved 3 June 2021.