|Dundee City East|
for the Scottish Parliament
|Party||Scottish National Party|
|Council area||Dundee City|
|Created from||Dundee East|
Dundee City East is a constituency of the Scottish Parliament (Holyrood). It elects one Member of the Scottish Parliament (MSP) by the first past the post method of election. Also, however, it is one of ten constituencies in the North East Scotland electoral region, which elects seven additional members, in addition to ten constituency MSPs, to produce a form of proportional representation for the region as a whole.
For the 2011 Scottish Parliament election, the existing Dundee East constituency was redrawn slightly (the only differences being the removal of the 'Hebrides' neighbourhood at Claverhouse just west of the A90 road, and the addition of new housing developments north of the A92 road near Barnhill) and renamed Dundee City East.
The other nine constituencies of the North East Scotland region are Aberdeen Central, Aberdeen Donside, Aberdeen South and North Kincardine, Aberdeenshire East, Aberdeenshire West, Angus North and Mearns, Angus South, Banffshire and Buchan Coast and Dundee City West.
Constituency boundaries and council area
The Dundee East constituency was created at the same time as the Scottish Parliament, in 1999, with the name and boundaries of an existing Westminster constituency. In 2005, however, the boundaries of the Westminster (House of Commons) constituency were subject to some alteration.
- In full: East End, The Ferry
- In part: Coldside, Maryfield, North East (shared with Dundee City West)
Member of the Scottish Parliament
|2011||Shona Robison||Scottish National Party|
|Liberal Democrats||Michael Crichton||1,431||4.4||1.2||1,067||3.3||0.9|
|All for Unity||261||0.8||New|
|Independent Green Voice||246||0.8||New|
|Abolish the Scottish Parliament||81||0.2||New|
|Liberal Democrats||Craig Duncan||911||3.2||0.1||691||2.5||0.1|
|Liberal Democrats||Allan Petrie||800||3.1||N/A||593||2.3||N/A|
|All-Scotland Pensioners Party||524||2.0||N/A|
|SNP win (new seat)|
- "Scottish Parliamentary Constituency (SPC) Population Estimates (2011 Data Zone based)]". National Records of Scotland. Retrieved 6 May 2021.
- Dundee East 1999-2011, Local Government Boundary Commission for Scotland
- Dundee City East - from 2011, Local Government Boundary Commission for Scotland
- "First Periodic Review of Scottish Parliament Boundaries Final Report" (PDF). Boundaries Scotland. May 2010. p. 105. Retrieved 2 July 2021.
- "Constituencies A-Z: Dundee City East". BBC News. Retrieved 8 May 2021.
- "Scottish Parliamentary Elections - 6th May 2021". Dundee City Council. Retrieved 2 July 2021.
- "SPE2016 - North East Scotland Regional List results by constituency" (PDF). Aberdeen City Council. Retrieved 1 July 2021.
- "Dundee City East - Scottish Parliament constituency". BBC News. Retrieved 14 October 2020.
- "Results and turnout at the 2016 Scottish Parliament election". The Electoral Commission. Retrieved 2 July 2021.
- "2011 Election analysis (Excel 2.37MB)". Scottish Parliament. Retrieved 23 June 2021.
- "Results and turnout at the 2011 Scottish Parliament election". Electoral Commission. Retrieved 3 June 2021.