This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2020)
|Origin||Lancaster, California, United States|
|Genres||Christian rock, post-hardcore, alternative rock|
|Years active||2002–2009 (on hiatus)|
Nick Aranda, Clayton Hunt and brothers Zach and Josh Zegan began playing together as teenagers in 1998 while attending Desert Christian High School in Lancaster, California. They were later joined by Jon Howard, who is from Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania.
Their debut album "On a Search in America" was released on June 21, 2005. Jon Howard's younger brother, Joey, joined Dizmas as a roadie/merch guy/techie in 2006, now serving as tour manager. On May 3, 2006 their song "Revolution" aired on "CSI: NY – Season 2: Stealing Home". Their second album "Tension" was produced by Steve Wilson and released on May 5, 2007. On July 10, 2007 their song "Shake It Off" aired on ESPN. Soon after their hit single "Play It Safe" reached No. 1 on Radio & Records Christian Rock National Airplay chart of national broadcasters in the United States for the week ending Aug 03, 2007. In fall 2008, the band had their last tour in Czech Republic which led to a break. In response to their rising success, The Miami New Times noted Dizmas's unique talents in their "2007 Music Year in Review" piece.
After returning from the Czech Republic the band said that they would be going on hiatus. Jon Howard went on to join Stellar Kart, but left in the summer of 2010 to tour as a stage guitarist for Paramore. Howard has continued in this position despite changes to the official line-up of Paramore until 2016.
In spring 2009, Zach Zegan created a new band for playing in the Czech Republic on "EXIT Tour" - 2009 through 2013. The band continued to tour with EXIT Tour using various musicians Zegan had either toured with in the past or mentored. The band stayed in this style as EXIT Tour expanded from not only the Czech Republic but also into Slovakia and Poland. In December 2013, the group went on an indefinite break to allow the group to explore other areas of ministry and music projects.
- Zach Zegan – lead vocalist
- Kevin Dickson – rhythm guitar, background vocals
- Tomaš Samiec – lead guitar
- Jeňa Pospíšil – bass guitar
- Jaime Hays – drums
- Josh Zegan – rhythm guitar, backing vocals (1998—2009)
- Jon Howard – lead guitar (2003—2009) (Now touring with Paramore)
- Nick Aranda – bass guitar (1998—2009) (Now in The Rocket Summer and Paper Route)
- Clayton Hunt – drums (1998—2009)
- Kevin Dickson - rhythm guitar, backing vocals (2011-current)
- Tomaš Samiec - lead guitar (2011-current)
- Jeňa Pospíšil – bass guitar (2009-current)
- Josh Redd – drums (2010-2011) (Now with A Current Affair (band))
- Jacob Cornell – rhythm guitar, background vocals (2009-2011) (Now with IGEN Music)
- Sam Ortega – guitar, background vocals (2009-2011)
- Jaime Hays – drums (2009-2010, 2011-current)
- Mario Gonzalez – bass guitar (2009) (Now in The Black and The White)
- Keoni Chock – lead guitar (2000—2003)
- Daniel Schaaff - lead guitar (1998–2000)
- Studio albums
- Redemption, Passion, Glory (2006)
- The Between EP (2000)
- Compilation albums
- Stereocilia Vol. 1 (2006)