This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
Mobile software startup Cellogic, while developing the content-discovery network Nextap, recognized the need for a deep linking service. Using $1.35 million in seed funding from Prolific Venture Capital, they designed and launched Deeplink in May 2013 to be a re-engagement and retention tool for marketers and developers looking to bring their existing customers to specific screens inside of their app.
The Deeplink platform promotes customer engagement and re-engagement. When a user encounters a hyperlink referring via deeplink.me to a new app, the Deeplink platform will automatically drive the user to install the correct version of the app for their platform. By allowing marketers to provide external links in other media that redirect the user back into the already installed app, those customers are considered re-engaged.
Additionally, the platform offers a native retargeting network to deliver advertisements based on the apps a user already has on their device. The use of deep linking technology allows to redirect users to a specific page within an app based on user data, or to bring them back into an abandoned cart or product page.
Rather than adopting a freemium model, Deeplink offers a certain amount of links for free on a monthly basis, and then a gradually scaling cost for higher click-through volumes. Customers may choose a volume cap (including in the free level), beyond which the "deep" aspect of the link is disabled, and links are re-directed to a customer-specified fallback URL.
- "Deeplink". AngelList. Retrieved 2014-09-29.
- Perez, Sarah (Feb 4, 2014). "Mobile Deep Linking Service Deeplink.me Debuts A Native Ad SDK". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2014-09-29.
- Perez, Sarah (May 22, 2013). "Deeplink.me Lets Mobile Users Navigate Through A "Web" Of Apps". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2014-09-29.
- Walpole, Jennifer (September 5, 2013). "Deeplink.me retargets, drives users to your brand's app". The American Genius. Retrieved 2014-09-29.
- Perez, Sarah (Aug 30, 2013). "Deeplink.me Launches A Retargeting Network For Mobile That Sends Users Back To The Apps They've Already Installed". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2014-09-29.
- Fishner, Kevin (April 2, 2014). "2014 Mobile Commerce Best Practices: Insights into the mCommerce Trends Shaping an Industry [Complete Guide]". Marketing Blog. Kiip. Retrieved 2014-09-29.
- Perez, Sarah (Nov 18, 2013). "Deeplink.me Brings Twitter Card Support To Mobile Developers Without A Web Presence". TechCrunch. Retrieved 2014-09-29.
- Wasserman, Todd (October 29, 2013). "How deep are your links?". Business Technology. Yahoo! New Zealand. Archived from the original on October 6, 2014. Retrieved 2014-09-29.
- Deeplink Pricing
- Deeplink FAQS under "What happens once my cap is hit for the month?", last accessed 2014-09-29.
- "Deeplink.me Launches AppWords, A Deep Linking Ad Platform For Complementary Apps". Marketing Land. 2015-03-24. Retrieved 2017-10-12.