|Decatur High School|
310 North McDonough Street
|School district||City Schools of Decatur|
|Region||6 in Class AAAAA (GHSA)|
|Website||Decatur High School|
The standard core curriculum at Decatur High School is taught at the college-preparatory level, advanced, and the Advanced Placement level may begin in the 10th grade. Students may also enroll in work-study opportunities or internships, and take joint enrollment classes at local colleges. 87% of the class of 2012 attended a four-year college and 58% met the HOPE Scholarship.
The average scores for the PSAT, the SAT, and the Georgia High School Graduation Test are all above the state averages. 101 students took the ACT, and 149 students took the SAT by the fall 2012 semester. The school met Adequate Yearly Progress for the 2010-2011 school year. Students also have to take the MAP (Measures of Academic Progress) tests three times every year until their senior year.
The school continues the International Baccalaureate middle years programme started at Renfroe Middle School through the 9th and 10th grades. Sophomores may apply to the Diploma Programme after completion of the middle years programme.
- Became an AP Honor School and was included in The Washington Post's Challenge Index.
- Five seniors entered the HerWorld competition and won by designing a smart toothbrush.
Athletic activities include Soccer, Baseball, Basketball, Football, swimming, Cross Country, and a number of other sports. The Boys Cross Country Team won the Class 5A State Championship in 2019, the school's first State Title in Cross County.
- "Decatur High School Profile (2020-21)". publicschoolreview.com. Retrieved 2020-12-05.
- "20122013SchoolProfile" (PDF). dhs.csdecatur.net. Decatur High School Counselors Office. Retrieved 15 February 2013.
- "Measures of Academic Progress (MAP)". City Schools of Decatur. City Schools of Decatur. Retrieved 14 February 2013.
- "Renfroe Middle School and Decatur High School International Baccalaureate-Middle Years Program". Decatur High School. City schools of Decatur. Retrieved 14 February 2013.
- "CSD Annual Report 2010-2011" (PDF). csdecatur.net. City Schools of Decatur. Retrieved 15 February 2013.[permanent dead link]
- Kloer, Phil. The Blount Truth." The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. March 29, 1987.
- "Proud sports history honored at Decatur." The Atlanta Journal-Constitution. November 2, 2001. F1.