February 1, 1985|
Stoney Creek, Ontario, Canada
|Height||6 ft 0 in (183 cm)|
|Weight||185 lb (84 kg; 13 st 3 lb)|
Stoney Creek Generals|
Grand Rapids Griffins
228th overall, 2004|
David Brown (born February 1, 1985, in Stoney Creek, Ontario) is a former professional ice hockey goaltender who is currently playing for the Stoney Creek Generals in the ACH. He most recently played for the Fife Flyers of the Elite Ice Hockey League (EIHL). Brown was drafted by the Pittsburgh Penguins in the 8th round, 228th overall, in the 2004 NHL Entry Draft.
Brown was originally drafted from the Kilty Bees. Brown progressed through the Hamilton minor hockey ranks to the Provincial A Kilty Bees, and was eventually drafted by the Mississauga Ice Dogs of the OHL (Ontario Hockey League), where he was their fifth round selection in the 2001 draft. Once Brown finished his junior career, he eventually moved on to the University of Notre Dame.
Before turning professional, Brown played four seasons for the Notre Dame Fighting Irish, and was named MVP in 2006. He was a finalist for the 2007 Hobey Baker Award, which is awarded to the top collegiate player in the country. On July 3, 2007, Brown signed an entry level contract with the Pittsburgh Penguins.
On February 18, 2011, the Toronto Marlies of the American Hockey League signed Brown to a professional tryout contract, although he never suited for the Marlies, Brown remained in the Central Hockey League with the Quad City Mallards, Arizona Sundogs, Allen Americans and the Wichita Thunder.
Awards and honors
|All-CCHA First Team||2006–07|||
|AHCA West First-Team All-American||2006–07|
|CCHA All-Tournament Team||2007|||
- "PENS PROSPECT DAVID BROWN IS NOTRE DAME'S MVP". NHL.com. Pittsburgh Penguins. April 10, 2006. Retrieved February 11, 2018.
- "David Brown player Biography". University of Notre Dame. 2007-08-02. Retrieved 2007-09-13.
- "Penguins Sign Goaltender David Brown". NHL.com. Pittsburgh Penguins. July 3, 2007. Retrieved February 11, 2018.
- "Stingrays swoop for netminder Brown". Hull Stingrays. 2014-07-05. Retrieved 2014-07-05.
- "GENERALS SIGN GOALIE DAVID BROWN". stoneycreek.pointstreaksites.com. October 17, 2016. Retrieved February 11, 2018.
- "All-CCHA Teams". College Hockey Historical Archives. Retrieved 2013-07-27.
- "2012–13 CCHA Media Guide". ISSUU.com. Retrieved 2014-04-23.
- Biographical information and career statistics from Eliteprospects.com, or The Internet Hockey Database
|Awards and achievements|
| CCHA Best Goaltender
| CCHA Player of the Year
| CCHA Most Valuable Player in Tournament