Daniel Weinstock is a full professor at the Faculty of Law of McGill University. He holds a DPhil in philosophy (Oxford), an MA in political philosophy, and a BA in French literature and political philosophy (McGill). Daniel Weinstock studied with Charles Taylor (philosopher), and with John Rawls.
He joined McGill Law in August 2012. He was director of the McGill Institute for Health and Social Policy from 2013 to 2020.
Before joining McGill, Daniel Weinstock was a Professor of Philosophy at the Université de Montréal, where he held the Canadian Research Chair on Ethics and Political Philosophy. He was also the director of the Research Centre on Ethics at Université de Montréal (CRÉUM).
He is a member of Centre d'études ethniques des universités montréalaises (Université de Montréal).
Prizes and awards
- Fellow of the Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation (2004)
- André-Laurendeau Prize given by the Association canadienne-française pour l’avancement des sciences (2008).
- James McGill Professor (2014 to 2020)
- 2017 Charles Taylor Prize for Excellence in Policy Research from the Broadbent Institute.
- Katharine A. Pearson Chair in Civil Society and Public Policy (2021-)
- "Daniel Weinstock, Faculty of Law, McGill University". Faculty of Law. Retrieved 2021-06-23.
- "Daniel Weinstock". Max Bell School of Public Policy. Retrieved 2021-06-23.
- "Daniel Weinstock to direct McGill's Institute for Health and Social Policy". Faculty of Law. Retrieved 2021-06-23.
- "daniel.weinstock | Pierre Elliott Trudeau Foundation". www.trudeaufoundation.ca. Retrieved 2021-06-23.
- "Daniel Marc Weinstock". Prix et distinctions - Université de Montréal (in French). Retrieved 2021-06-23.
- "Prix André-Laurendeau - Philosophie pour tous !". Le Devoir (in French). Retrieved 2021-06-23.
- "Professors Smith and Weinstock appointed to prestigious chairs". Channels. Retrieved 2021-06-23.
- "Awards". Broadbent Institute. 2021-02-08. Retrieved 2021-06-23.
- "Daniel Weinstock receives Charles Taylor Prize". Channels. Retrieved 2021-06-23.
- "Daniel Weinstock named Pearson Chair in Civil Society & Public Policy". Faculty of Law. Retrieved 2021-06-23.
This article needs additional or more specific categories. (June 2021)