|Dangerous Curve Ahead|
|Directed by||E. Mason Hopper|
William J. Reiter (Assistant Director)
|Written by||Rupert Hughes (Story)|
|Cinematography||John J. Mescall|
|Distributed by||Goldwyn Pictures Corporation|
|Language||Silent (English intertitles)|
As described in a film magazine, Phoebe Mabee (Chadwick) is a much sought after small town belle who quarrels with her fiancé Harley Jones (Dix) after a flirtation with city youth Anson Newton (Flynn). After a period of weepy repentance the engagement is renewed and they are wed. After the children come, there is a hiatus in the domesticity of the couple. Jones is sent aboard by his job and she her children spend the summer at a watering place, where Phoebe meets her city charmer and the romance interrupted by her marriage is renewed. Phoebe develops social ambitions and these are helped along by Newton's aunt Mrs. Nixon (Lester), who is prominent in society and can help Phoebe get her social whirl. Jones the absent husband returns unexpectedly and finds one of the children ill and Phoebe about to keep an appointment to attend a function at Mrs. Nixon's house. Phoebe waivers between fear that failure to attend the function will end her budding social career and the love of her child. She attends the dinner, leaving her child in the care of a nurse, but during the course of the dinner is overcome with remorse, rushes home and arrives just in time to calm the little fellow, who was calling to her. A reconciliation with the husband follows, with motherly love and home responsibilities conquering over social aspirations.
- Helene Chadwick as Phoebe Mabee
- Richard Dix as Harley Jones
- Maurice 'Lefty' Flynn as Anson Newton
- James Neill as Mr. Mabee
- Edythe Chapman as Mrs. Mabee
- Kate Lester as Mrs. Nixon
- Newton Hall as Phoebe's son
- Janiss Garza (2014). "Dangerous-Curve-Ahead - Trailer - Cast - Showtimes - NYTimes.com". Movies & TV Dept. The New York Times. Baseline & All Movie Guide. Archived from the original on March 9, 2014. Retrieved February 12, 2014.
- "Progressive Silent Film List: Dangerous Curve Ahead". silentera.com. Retrieved February 12, 2014.
- "Reviews: Dangerous Curve Ahead". Exhibitors Herald. New York City: Exhibitors Herald Company. 13 (17): 68. October 22, 1921.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Dangerous Curve Ahead.|