This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
Dan Hurley (born November 11, 1957) is an American health and medical journalist and author. He has written several books and contributed pieces to The New York Times, Wired, The Washington Post, Neurology Today and The Atlantic.
- Smarter: The New Science of Building Brain Power New York : Hudson Street Press (2013) ISBN 978-1594631276 OCLC 849719216
- Diabetes Rising: How a rare disease became a modern pandemic, and what to do about it New York : Kaplan (2011) ISBN 978-1607144588 OCLC 427608826
- Natural Causes: Death, Lies, and Politics in America's Herbal Supplement Industry New York : Broadway Books (2006) ISBN 978-0767920421 OCLC 70122602
- The 60-Second Novelist: What 22,613 People Taught Me About Life Deerfield Beach, Fla. : Health Communications (1999) ISBN 978-1558746923 OCLC 40948515
- Can You Make Yourself Smarter?: New York Times (2012)
- "California Birth Index, 1905-1995," database, FamilySearch (https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/1:1:VL1T-5JT : 27 November 2014), Daniel J Hurley, 11 Nov 1957; citing San Diego, California, United States, Department of Health Services, Vital Statistics Department, Sacramento.
- Henderson, Nancy Bearden. (2000-06-01). "Give Dan Hurley A Minute And He'll Write You A Novel." (pages 1 and 2). Chicago Tribune. Archived from the original (pages 1 and 2) on 2014-12-31. Retrieved 2014-12-31.
- van Bakel, Rogier (November 1995). "Fast Fiction: Don't have time to read a book? Dan Hurley is America Online's first 60-second novelist". Wired. Archived from the original on 2014-12-31. Retrieved 2014-12-31.
- Campbell, Susan (1999-11-28). "'60-second Novelist' Visits Area". Hartford Courant. Archived from the original on 2014-12-31. Retrieved 2014-12-31.
- Hurley, Dan (April 22, 2012). "Can You Make Yourself Smarter?". The New York Times Magazine. p. 38. Retrieved April 13, 2016.
- "Articles by Dan Hurley". The Atlantic. Retrieved April 13, 2016.
- Tenderich, Amy (September 29, 2009). "Author Dan Hurley on Diabetes, Part 1: "Try Harder" is Not Enough!". Healthline. Archived from the original on March 30, 2014. Retrieved April 13, 2016.
- "Author Dan Hurley biography and book list". freshfiction.com. Retrieved 13 April 2016.