The Daily Review was a daily newspaper published in Hayward, California. Floyd L. Sparks was owner of the Review from 1944 to 1985, along with The Argus of Fremont and the Tri-Valley Herald. It was last owned by Bay Area News Group-East Bay (BANG-EB), a subsidiary of MediaNews Group, which bought the paper in 1985. As of 2011, The executive editor was Kevin Keane.
Proposed end of publication
The newspaper was scheduled to stop publishing, with the last edition of the paper to be published on November 1, 2011. This was on the same day as the Oakland Tribune, Alameda Times-Star, Fremont Argus and West County Times were all scheduled to publish their last editions. The following day, subscribers and newspaper outlets were to get copies of the new East Bay Tribune, a proposed localized edition of the San Jose Mercury News, covering the areas previously served by the above-mentioned papers. This plan, proposed by ANG in mid 2011, was cancelled in October 2011, due to reader feedback.
End of publication
In 2016, the paper was shuttered, when BANG merged numerous East Bay papers into the East Bay Times.
- San Jose Mercury News (CA) - June 21, 1985 - 2B Local SPARKS STOCKHOLDERS OK SALE OF NEWSPAPER GROUP
- A region's press: anatomy of newspapers in the San Francisco Bay Area (1971)
- "The State of The American Newspaper: The Battle Of the Bay, [[American Journalism Review]], January/February 1999". Archived from the original on 2013-10-29. Retrieved 2010-04-29.
- "Daily Review Contact Us". Inside Bay Area. Archived from the original on 2013-05-14. Retrieved 2013-04-28.
- George Avalos. "Bay Area News Group makes changes to East Bay papers". Oakland Tribune. Retrieved 24 August 2011.
- Gammon, Robert (2011-08-23). "Oakland Tribune to be Renamed East Bay Tribune | Politics and Breaking News | Oakland, Berkeley, Bay Area & California | Seven Days". Eastbayexpress.com. Retrieved 2013-04-28.
- George AvalosOakland Tribune. "Bay Area News Group announces it will retain East Bay mastheads - San Jose Mercury News". Mercurynews.com. Retrieved 2013-04-28.