|Born||1 March 1969|
Bangor, Gwynedd, Wales
|Genres||Alternative rock, Hard rock, Pop rock|
|Associated acts||Gruff Rhys, Ffa Coffi Pawb, Super Furry Animals, The Peth, Catatonia, The Earth|
Ieuan played with Gruff Rhys in their early band Ffa Coffi Pawb. He was a drummer for Welsh band Catatonia from 1993 to 1996, recording on their early singles and debut album Way Beyond Blue released in 1996. During the same period Super Furry Animals formed and Ieuan left Catatonia to focus on them.
Ieuan runs the Cardiff-based label and recording studio Strangetown Records with brother Cian Ciaran and Mick Hilton. With Ciaran, he was awarded by BAFTA Wales 2011 for Original Music for the S4C drama Pen Talar filmed by Fiction Factory.
Ieuan released The Golden Mile with The Peth ("The Thing" in Welsh) in 2008, with Welsh actor Rhys Ifans on vocals. A second album, Crystal Peth has been recorded but has yet to be released. With DJ and rapper Rashid "Wibidi" Omar, he recorded and produced music under the band name Wibidi. In 2013, he recorded with The Earth (band), with guitarist Mark Roberts (formerly of Catatonia), bassist Tristan Marley and vocalist Dionne Bennett.
In 2006, Ieuan played drums on James Dean Bradfield's first solo album The Great Western. Ieuan produced and drummed on tracks on the forthcoming debut album from Gulp (band) with Super Furry Animals bandmate Guto Pryce.
He is musician Cian Ciaran's older brother and he has two sisters. His father, Dr. Carl Iwan Clowes, OBE, is a health consultant, Welsh language campaigner, anti-nuclear campaigner and is the Honorary Consul in Wales for the African country Lesotho.
- "Dafydd Ieuan biography". BBC. Retrieved 9 November 2007.
- Powell, David (14 September 2007). "Super Furry Animals back on tour". Daily Post. Retrieved 24 May 2014.
- Owens, David (2011). Cerys, Catatonia and the Rise Of Welsh Pop. Random House. ISBN 9781448116362.
- Elfyn, Bethan (9 July 2013). "Pre-Cool Cymru: the pioneering bands". BBC Wales. Retrieved 16 May 2014.
- Buckley, Peter (2003). The Rough Guide to Rock (3rd ed.). London: Rough Guide, Penguin. pp. 1034–1035. ISBN 1843531054.
- "BAFTA Cymru". British Academy of Film and Television Arts. 29 May 2011. Retrieved 23 May 2014.
- Abrams, Jonny (11 June 2013). "Interview: The Earth". Rocksucker. Sinton Media Limited. Archived from the original on 18 May 2015. Retrieved 23 May 2014.
- Owens, David (13 June 2010). "Former Catatonia guitarist Mark Roberts returns with new project The Earth". WalesOnline. Retrieved 23 May 2014.
- Pyke, Chris (6 March 2014). "Six Nations: Watch the perfect video to fire you up for Wales' visit to Twickenham". WalesOnline. Retrieved 23 May 2014.
- Yates, Henry (2 February 2010). "6 career defining records of SFA's Dafydd Ieuan". Music Radar (from Rhythm Magazine). Future. Retrieved 23 May 2014.
- Owens, David (15 June 2012). "What the Super Furry Animals did next". Wales Online. Retrieved 24 May 2014.
- Henry, Graham (7 May 2012). "House where two Super Furry Animals grew up goes on the market". WalesOnline. Retrieved 23 May 2014.
- "Profile: Volume 17 Number 4: A Passion for Wales and the World". For a Change. Initiatives of Change. 1 August 2004. Retrieved 23 May 2014.
- 2012 New Year Honours#Officer of the Order of the British Empire .28OBE.29