|Cristo Rey Jesuit High School|
2924 4th Avenue South
Minnesota 55408, USA
|Religious affiliation(s)||Roman Catholic|
|Dean||Margaret Youmans, Sr. Mary, James Nelson Erin Healy|
|Chaplain||Fr. John Paul, S.J.|
|Hours in school day||7-12|
|Campus||Urban 160,000-square-foot (15,000 m2) Colin Powell Leadership Center|
|Color(s)||Columbia Blue and Orange|
|Slogan||A School That Works|
|Mascot||Cusco the Puma|
Cristo Rey Jesuit High School is a private, Roman Catholic high school located in the Phillips neighborhood of Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States, in the Roman Catholic Archdiocese of Saint Paul and Minneapolis. It was founded by the Society of Jesus in 2007 and is one of over 36 high schools in the country which follow the Cristo Rey work-study model of education for students from low-income families, who are performing two to four years behind their grade level.
Cristo Rey Jesuit High School opened in August 2007 and saw its first students graduate in 2011. It is part of the Cristo Rey Network of high schools, the original being Cristo Rey Jesuit High School in Chicago. In October 2017, the school had 117 corporate partners who were ready to employ students through the Cristo Rey Work Study Program.
Students make day-long retreats in the first three years and in their senior year they make a 3-day Kairos retreat. Three days each week the entire school participates in the 5-minute daily examen practice, which grew out of Ignatian retreats.
In order to graduate, students are required to complete at least 40 hours of volunteer service and one long-term or large-scale project. Service hours and project can be completed during school hours and outside of school.
- Boys' and girls' basketball
- Boys' and girls' soccer
- Girls' volleyball
- Boys' and girls' track and field
- Chess Club
- Junior Achievement Business Club
- One Act Play
- Spring Musical
- Student Government
- Student Ambassadors (PAWS)
- "Cristo Rey Jesuit High School in Minneapolis is making the grade". www.insightnews.com. Retrieved 2018-02-20.
- "Mpls. School Shattering Graduation Rate Statistics -- In A Good Way". 2015-06-19. Retrieved 2018-02-20.
- CRJHS. "School History". Retrieved 2007-05-11.
- "Corporate Partners – Corporate Work Study – Cristo Rey Jesuit High School". www.cristoreytc.org. Retrieved 2018-01-06.
- "Retreats – Campus Ministry – Cristo Rey Jesuit High School". www.cristoreytc.org. Retrieved 2018-01-06.
- user1. "The Daily Examen". Ignatian Spirituality. Retrieved 2018-01-06.
- "Worship – Campus Ministry – Cristo Rey Jesuit High School". www.cristoreytc.org. Retrieved 2018-01-06.
- "Service – Campus Ministry – Cristo Rey Jesuit High School". www.cristoreytc.org. Retrieved 2018-01-06.
- "Extra-Curriculars – Student Life – Cristo Rey Jesuit High School". www.cristoreytc.org. Retrieved 2018-01-06.
- Kearney, G. R. More Than a Dream: The Cristo Rey Story: How One School's Vision Is Changing the World. Chicago, Ill: Loyola Press, 2008. ISBN 978-0-82-942576-5
- School website
- Cristo Rey Network
- Fr. John P. Foley honored with Presidential Citizen's Medal
- 60 minutes
- Cristo Rey Featured in WashPost column by George Will
- Boston Globe - With sense of purpose, students cut class for a day
- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation - Success of Innovative Urban Catholic School Sparks Major Investment