|Cristo Rey Atlanta Jesuit High School|
222 Piedmont Ave NE, Atlanta, GA 30308
|Grades||9 – 12|
|Accreditation||Southern Association of Independent Schools|
|Tuition||$500 to $2500 per year|
|Affiliation||Cristo Rey Network and Jesuit Schools Network|
|Website||Cristo Rey Atlanta|
Cristo Rey Atlanta Jesuit High School is a college preparatory school located in Atlanta, Georgia, United States. Opened in 2014, it is in the Cristo Rey Network of schools, with work-study integrated into its program. It serves only low-income students and financial need is a first criterion for admission.[better source needed]
Cristo Rey Atlanta opened in 2014 under the auspices of the Society of Jesus (Jesuits) in midtown Atlanta, in a three-story building that was formerly the chancery building for the Archdiocese of Atlanta.
As the demand for its services expanded, the school accepted the donation of a much larger, seven-story building in downtown Atlanta. The new building was officially dedicated on January 30, 2018 with Mayor Keisha Lance Bottoms and Governor Nathan Deal attending the ceremony.
Corporate Work Study Program
The Corporate Work Study Program is the central focus of the school, paying for most of the student's tuition and giving valuable work experience. Students go to their job partner, with one student from each grade level going once a week on their designated work day, Tuesday to Friday. The students rotate on Monday, resulting in each student going five times a month. Job partners include Coca-Cola, Emory University, and Delta Air Lines.
Boys: basketball, baseball, cross country, soccer,taekwondo, cheer
Girls: soccer, cross country' volleyball, cheer, basketball,taekwondo
- "Cristo Rey Atlanta Jesuit High School". Jesuit Schools Ntewrok.
- "Parent Contribution & Financial Aid". Cristo Rey Atlanta Jesuit High School. Archived from the original on December 27, 2015. Retrieved February 10, 2021.
- "Cristo Rey Atlanta Jesuit High School gets a new lease on life—and a new building". Atlanta. July 10, 2017. Retrieved January 3, 2018.
- "Eligibility for Admission". Cristo Rey Atlanta Jesuit High School. Retrieved February 20, 2018.
- https://www.cristoreynetwork.org/schools/school-profiles[dead link]
- Maria Saporta (January 30, 2018). "Cristo Rey Atlanta's new building dedicated during a morning of celebration". Saporta Report. Retrieved August 8, 2020.
- "Coca-Cola and Cristo Rey: Partners Providing Opportunity". Saporta Report. July 6, 2020. Retrieved August 8, 2020.
- "Local high school students gain valuable workforce experience at Emory". Emory University. August 28, 2019. Retrieved August 8, 2020.
- Kearney, G. R. More Than a Dream: The Cristo Rey Story: How One School's Vision Is Changing the World. Chicago, Ill: Loyola Press, 2008. ISBN 978-0-82-942576-5
- School website
- Cristo Rey Network
- Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation - Success of Innovative Urban Catholic School Sparks Major Investment