Sir Courtney Terrell (1881—17 May 1938) was a British Indian Judge and former Chief Justice of the Patna High Court.
Terrell was born in 1881. He was the eldest son of Thomas and Emma Terrell. He became the Judge of the Calcutta High Court thereafter on 31 March 1928, he was transferred as the Chief Justice of Patna High Court, stayed in the post for ten years almost until his death. Sir Courtney Terrell was known and respected for his legal decisions and his love of the Indian people. Terrell visited Japan during his judgeship. He died in 1938 from abdominal cancer. His son Richard Terrell wrote a book The Chief Justice describing his life in British India.
- "LIST OF RETIRED CHIEF JUSTICE". Retrieved January 18, 2019.
- Sudhanshu Ranjan (21 March 2014). Justice, Judocracy and Democracy in India: Boundaries and Breaches. ISBN 9781317809777. Retrieved January 18, 2019.
- William Shurtleff, Akiko Aoyagi (December 2010). History of Soybeans and Soyfoods in South Asia / Indian Subcontinent. ISBN 9781928914310. Retrieved January 18, 2019.
- "Terrell Family Name". Retrieved January 18, 2019.
- "IP in Review". Cite journal requires