|San Francisco 49ers|
|Position:||Pass game specialist & secondary coach|
|Born:||June 29, 1971|
St. Cloud, Minnesota
|As a coach:|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Coaching stats at PFR|
Cory Undlin (born June 29, 1971) is an American football coach who is the passing game specialist and secondary coach for the San Francisco 49ers of the National Football League (NFL). He previously served as the defensive coordinator for the Detroit Lions in 2020 and also served as an assistant coach for the Philadelphia Eagles, Denver Broncos, Jacksonville Jaguars, Cleveland Browns and New England Patriots.
Undlin attended California Lutheran University, where he played football as a safety from 1990 to 1994. He had the distinction of being named second-team All-Southern California Intercollegiate Athletic Conference honors in 1993. At Cal Lutheran, he was a teammate and roommate of Ben McEnroe.
Undlin began his coaching career at his alma mater California Lutheran as a linebackers coach from 1998 to 1999. He was promoted to defensive coordinator in 2000, a position he held through 2001, when he moved to Fresno State University. He spent two seasons in 2002 and 2003 as a graduate assistant at Fresno State under head coach Pat Hill, a former assistant coach with the Cleveland Browns under Bill Belichick.
New England Patriots
In 2005, Undlin was hired by the Cleveland Browns as a defensive assistant under head coach Romeo Crennel. In 2007, Undlin was promoted to secondary coach and assistant special teams coach. In 2008, Undlin was promoted to defensive backs coach.
In 2009, Undlin moved to the Jacksonville Jaguars as a defensive assistant following Crennel's firing in Cleveland. He was promoted to defensive backs coach in 2010, but was fired along with the rest of the staff after the 2011 season.
In January 2015, Undlin was hired by the Philadelphia Eagles as their defensive backs coach. He was retained as the defensive backs coach for the Eagles on January 20, 2016. On February 4, 2018, Undlin was part of the Philadelphia Eagles coaching staff that defeated the New England Patriots, 41-33, in Super Bowl LII.
On January 13, 2020, Undlin was hired by the Detroit Lions as their defensive coordinator under head coach Matt Patricia. He missed the team's week 16 game against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers due to COVID-19 protocols. He was fired following the season.
San Francisco 49ers
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on September 28, 2011. Retrieved July 22, 2011.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Berman, Zach (January 24, 2015). "New Eagles assistant draws high praise". philly.com. Retrieved January 26, 2015.
- Berman, Zach (January 21, 2016). "Eagles retain seven coaches, add seven new ones". The Philadelphia Inquirer. Retrieved January 20, 2016.
- "Eagles dethrone Tom Brady, Patriots for first Super Bowl title in stunner". USA TODAY. Retrieved February 25, 2019.
- "Lions hire Cory Undlin as defensive coordinator". Detroit Lions. January 13, 2020. Retrieved January 13, 2020.
- Lage, Larry (December 25, 2020). "Lions' Darrell Bevell can't coach Saturday due to COVID-19 protocols; 3 defensive coaches also out". Madison.com. Retrieved March 8, 2021.