The Committee on Industry, Research and Energy (ITRE) is a committee of the European Parliament. Its areas of responsibility relate to industry, especially technology-intensive manufacturing, information technology, and telecommunications. It also coordinates European space policy and therefore has ties with the European Space Agency. It has oversight duties in relation to the Joint Research Centre and the Institute for Reference Materials and Measurements, as well as similar projects.
One major area of activity for the committee is energy policy, safety, and efficiency. They monitor compliance with the Euratom Treaty around nuclear waste disposal. The Paris Agreement and, more recently, the launch of the European Green Deal have put climate change and the energy transition center-stage. Policies to support clean technologies such as renewable energy or hydrogen have been advanced through the committee. 
In the past, as well as the other three areas of responsibility which it still has, the ITRE committee also dealt with transport matters. European Union transport policy is now, however, covered by the Parliament's Committee on Transport and Tourism.
As of March 2014 ITRE committee is the lead charge for regulations dealing with "European single market for electronic communications". The proposals were put forward by Neelie Kroes. A collective of NGOs considered this regulation could damage Net neutrality.
List of chairpersons
|Amalia Sartori||2012–2014||European People's Party|
|Jerzy Buzek||2014–2019||European People's Party|
|Adina-Ioana Vălean||2019–||European People's Party|
- Amalia Sartori (EPP; Italy): 2012–2014.
- Jerzy Buzek (EPP; Poland)
Elected on 10 July 2019.
- Adina-Ioana Vălean (EPP; Romania)
- 1st Vice-Chair
- Zdzisław Krasnodębski (ECR; Poland)
- 2nd Vice-Chair
- Morten Petersen (RE, Denmark)
- 3rd Vice-Chair
- Patrizia Toia (S&D, Italy)
- 4th Vice-Chair
- Lina Gálvez Muñoz (S&D, Spain)
- "Parliament's committees elect chairs and vice-chairs". European Parliament. 10 July 2019.
-  European Parliament press release 2014-07-07
- "Decarbonisation of the energy system | Hearings | Events | ITRE | Committees | European Parliament". www.europarl.europa.eu.
- "Save the internet". Various NGOs. Retrieved 18 March 2014.
- "laying down measures concerning the European single market for electronic communications and to achieve a Connected Continent, and amending Directives 2002/20/EC, 2002/21/EC and 2002/22/EC and Regulations (EC) No 1211/2009 and (EU) No 531/2012". Euporean Parliament. Retrieved 18 March 2014.