|Publisher||Columbia University Press|
|Pages||about 3,200 (sixth edition)|
The Columbia Encyclopedia is a one-volume encyclopedia produced by Columbia University Press and in the last edition, sold by the Gale Group. First published in 1935, and continuing its relationship with Columbia University, the encyclopedia underwent major revisions in 1950 and 1963; the current edition is the sixth, printed in 2000. It contains over 51,000 articles totaling some 6.5 million words and has also been published in two volumes.
- "New! The Columbia Encyclopedia" (PDF). Gale Group. Retrieved October 26, 2015.[dead link]
- "Columbia Encyclopedia". Encyclopædia Britannica. April 29, 2015. Retrieved August 31, 2015.
- "The First Edition of the Columbia Encyclopedia Published 1935". Facebook. Columbia University Press. Retrieved August 31, 2015.
In 1928, Columbia University Press had established a separate editorial department with the intention of publishing the Columbia Encyclopedia, the first comprehensive English-language encyclopedia in one volume. In 1935, the first edition of the encyclopedia was published.
- "About us Encyclopedia.com". Encyclopedia.com. Retrieved September 12, 2017.
- "Encyclopedia". infoplease.com. Retrieved August 31, 2015.