|Colt 38 Special Squad|
|Directed by||Massimo Dallamano|
|Produced by||Paolo Infascelli|
|Edited by||Antonio Siciliano|
|Music by||Stelvio Cipriani|
|Box office||₤1.286 billion|
Turin, Italy mid-1970s. When his wife becomes the latest innocent victim of a merciless Marseilles crime lord (Ivan Rassimov), police captain Vanni (Marcel Bozzuffi) goes beyond the law to form a secret squad of rogue cops, each armed with an unlicensed .38 Colt Diamondback revolver. As Vanni and his vigilante crew take back the night bullet by bullet, the Marseillaise joins the game by instigating a wave of violent crime that turns the city into a war zone.
- Marcel Bozzuffi as Inspector Vanni
- Carole André as Sandra
- Ivan Rassimov as Il Marsigliese / Black Angel
- Riccardo Salvino as Nicola Silvestri
- Fabrizio Capucci as Ciro
- Armando Brancia as Prosecutor
- Grace Jones as The Club Singer
Colt 38 Special Squad was released in Italy on July 24, 1976 where it was distributed by P.A.C. It grossed a total of 1,285,707,500 Italian lira on its theatrical release in Italy. The film's success allowed it an in-name only sequel Return of the .38 Gang.
- Curti 2013, p. 165.
- Jane, Ian (June 22, 2006). "Colt 38 Special Squad". DVD Talk.
- Curti 2013, p. 166.
- "Prime visioni a Torino - Quelli della calibro 38 - Oggi la prima" (in Italian). www.lastampa.it. Retrieved 2016-10-22.