22 Kent Court
|Motto||Ut Sapientia Crescamus|
(In order that we may increase in knowledge)
|NCES School ID||00868236|
|Enrollment||49 (plus 5 in PreK, as of 2017–18)|
|Student to teacher ratio||6.3:1|
Collegiate School is a private coeducational day school located in Passaic, New Jersey, United States. Established in 1895, the school serves students in pre-kindergarten through twelfth grade. The school has an enrollment of about 160 students. The school has been accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Secondary Schools since 1974.
As of the 2017–18 school year, the school had an enrollment of 49 students (plus 5 in Pre-K) and 7 classroom teachers (on an FTE basis), for a student–teacher ratio of 6.3:1. The school's student body was 52.3% (23) Hispanic, 22.7% (10) White, 13.6% (6) Asian and 11.4% (5) Black.
The school aims to provide "a safe, individual oriented environment that stresses basic skills, positive attitudes, values and academic growth." Collegiate is a member of the New Jersey Association of Independent Schools.
- Frances Goodrich (1890-1984), dramatist and screenwriter, best known for her collaborations with her partner and husband Albert Hackett.
- Carl Ruiz (1975-2019), restaurant owner and celebrity chef, best known as a judge on various cooking competition shows on the Food Network.
- School data for Collegiate School, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed September 1, 2020.
- Collegiate School of Passaic[permanent dead link], Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Secondary Schools. Accessed March 10, 2012.
- List of Member Schools, New Jersey Association of Independent Schools. Accessed August 10, 2017.
- Goodrich, Frances, American National Biography Online. Accessed August 17, 2017. "She graduated from Passaic Collegiate School in 1908 and enrolled at Vassar College, graduating in 1912."
- Padilla, Mariel. "Carl Ruiz, Celebrity Chef and Restaurateur, Dies at 44; He made frequent appearances on the Food Network as a competitive chef and celebrity judge.", The New York Times, September 22, 2019. Accessed September 23, 2019. "Carl Albert Ruiz was born on April 4, 1975, in Passaic, and graduated from Collegiate School in Passaic and then from the Institute of Culinary Education in New York."