The Clydebank Co-operative Society Limited is the smallest consumers' co-operative in Scotland, based in the town of Clydebank near Glasgow. Along with Scotmid and The Co-operative Group, it is one of three consumer co-operative retail societies in Scotland, and the only one not merged into a regional or national society.
Unusually for co-operatives in the United Kingdom, it is not a member of Co-operatives UK. However, in its founding year of 1881, it joined the Scottish Co-operative Wholesale Society. Before the second world war, community leader Jenny Hyslop was one of the society's organisers.
Until 2013, Clydebank Co-op had buying arrangements with the Co-operative Retail Trading Group (CRTG), a buying group managed by The Co-operative Group, the successor of SCWS, which also manages The Co-operative brand.
As of 2015[update], the society operates seven food stores ranging from just over 6,500 square feet at Dunn Street, to its smallest, 1,800 square feet (170 m2), at Great Western Road & Sylvania Way South, Clydebank
- Great Western Road, Knightswood
- Faifley Road, Faifley
- Sylvania Way South, Clydebank
- Kilbowie Road, Clydebank
- Dunn Street, Dalmuir
- Duntocher Road, Parkhall
In 2014, it closed its Hardgate food store, reducing the number of its food stores from seven to six. The Hardgate store later reopened as a Co-op/KeyStore More and continues to trade.
- "Clydebank Co-op Board, 1881". TheClydebankStory. Retrieved 2008-05-10.
- Rafeek, Neil (2004). "Hyslop [née Reid], Janet Kerr [Jenny] (1898–1989), community activist". Oxford Dictionary of National Biography (online ed.). Oxford University Press. doi:10.1093/ref:odnb/54401. Retrieved 2021-03-17. (Subscription or UK public library membership required.)
- "About Us". Co-operative Retail Trading Group. 2007. Archived from the original on 2008-10-23. Retrieved 2008-05-13.
- "Opening of new foodstore at Baldwin Avenue". Clydebank Co-op. 6 Sep 2013. Archived from the original on 24 September 2015. Retrieved 1 Jul 2015.
- Kidd, Marie-Claire (24 Feb 2014). "Clydebank Co-op withdraws from national co-operative buying group". Co-operative News. Retrieved 1 Jul 2015.
Clydebank Co-operative is entering a supply agreement with Glasgow-based wholesaler JW Filshill, bringing to an end its 10-year arrangement with the Co-operative Retail Trading Group (CRTG). ... Last September, Clydebank opened its first jointly branded Clydebank Co-operative Society/KeyStore store in Glasgow’s West End. A supply and fascia rollout to Clydebank’s remaining five food outlets began this month and will continue throughout the year.
- "Our food stores". Clydebank Co-op. Archived from the original on 1 July 2015. Retrieved 1 Jul 2015.
- "Hardgate Branch Closure". Clydebank Co-op. 28 Nov 2013. Archived from the original on 1 July 2015. Retrieved 1 Jul 2015.
we will close our Hardgate branch on January 11th 2014.