|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
Chetpet is a locality in the Indian city of Chennai It is served by Chetpet railway station in the Beach-Tambaram line of Chennai Suburban Railway. Chetpet has a pond between the Chetpet railway station and the Poonamallee High Road, one of the last surviving natural water bodies in the city. It is the locality in Chennai where the mathematician Ramanujan died.
Location – Chetpet
Chetpet is located at the center of Chennai, not far from Egmore railway station. CMBT is 8 km from Chetpet.
- Auxilium Girls Higher Secondary School
- Lady Andal Venkata Subba Rao Matriculation School
- Madras Christian College Higher Secondary School
- Madras Christian College Matriculation Higher Secondary School
- Maharishi Vidya Mandir Senior Secondary School
- Sherwood Hall Senior Secondary School
- The Madras Seva Sadan Higher Secondary School
- Union Christian Matriculation Higher Secondary School
Location in context
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Chetput.|
- "Squaring the circle". The Hindu. 132 (102). 23 April 2006. p. 3. Retrieved 18 September 2016.
- History of Chennai
- Dinamalar.com "சென்னையும் சிவப்பு நிற கட்டடங்களும்"[permanent dead link]
- Lakshmi, K. (30 April 2009). "Hyacinth robbing Chetpet lake of life". The Hindu. 132 (102). p. 3. Archived from the original on 3 May 2009. Retrieved 1 May 2009.