This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2019)
|Established||29 November 2019|
|Named for||Chengalpet town|
|Largest City||Pallavaram and Tambaram|
|Taluks||Chengalpattu, Cheyyur, Madurantakam, Tambaram, Thiruporur, Tirukalukundram, Vandalur, Pallavaram|
|• Type||District Administration|
|• Body||Chengalpattu District Collectorate|
|• District Collector||A. R. Rahul Nadh, IAS|
|• Superintendent of Police||E. Sundaravathanan, IPS and Mahesh Kumar Aggarwal, IPS|
|• Total||2,945 km2 (1,137 sq mi)|
|• Density||870/km2 (2,200/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Vehicle registration||TN-19, TN-14, TN-22, TN-85 and TN-11|
Chengalpattu District is one of the 38 districts of Tamil Nadu, in India. The district headquarters is located at Chengalpattu. Chengalpattu district came into existence on 29 November 2019 when it was carved out of Kanchipuram district after the announcement about the bifurcation of districts on 18 July 2019.
Chengalpattu District has 3 Revenue Divisions
- Tambaram Revenue Division: Pallavaram taluk, Tambaram taluk and Vandalur taluk.
- Chengalpattu Revenue Division: Chengalpattu taluk, Thiruporur taluk and Tirukalukundram taluk.
- Madurantakam Revenue Division: Madurantakam taluk and Cheyyur taluk.
Pallavaram and Tambaram taluks lie in the Chennai Metropolitan Area.
Chengalpattu district has 16 district panchayat wards details of which are in 
Chengalpattu District has 8 Municipalities and 1 Cantonment Board
- St.Thomas Mount cum Pallavaram Cantonment Board
Chengalpattu District has 8 Panchayat Unions
- St. Thomas Mount
Chengalpattu District has 12 Town Panchayats details of which are in 
Chengalpattu District has 359 Rural Village Panchayats.
Moovarasampet, Mudichur, Vandalur, Pozhichalur, Tirusulam, Cowl Bazaar, Medavakkam, Nanmangalam, Kovilambakkam, Agaramthen, Mappedu, Sithalapakkam, Kovilanchery, Ponmar, Mambakkam, Thalambur, Siruseri, Muttukadu, Vandalur, Urapakkam, Singaperumal Koil, Paranur, Kodur, Koovathur, Nedumaram, Seekinankuppam, Veerabogam, Manamai,Padur, Kolatthur Manampathy, Mullipakkam, Karumpakkam and Cheyyur.
Chengalpattu District has 6 State Assembly Constituencies:
Two State Assembly constituencies are partially from Chennai:
- Alandur - few villages like Moovarasampattu and Cowl Bazaar only
- Sholinganallur - few villages like Kovilambakkam, Nanmangalam and Medavakkam only.
- செங்கல்பட்டு மாவட்டத்தின் பெருமைகளை சுட்டிக்காட்டி முதல்வர் பேச்சு! (in Tamil). News7 Tamil. 28 November 2019. Retrieved 29 November 2019.
- "Local Body Ward Delimitation – 2020 – Chengalpattu District | Kancheepuram District,Government of Tamilnadu | City of Thousand Temples | India". Retrieved 5 March 2020.
- "Tenkasi, Chengalpattu to become new districts". The Hindu. Special Correspondent. 18 July 2019. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 18 July 2019.CS1 maint: others (link)