|Parent company||Springer Science+Business Media|
|Founded||August 22, 2006|
|Publication types||Scientific journals|
Chemistry Central was a scientific publisher specializing in open access publications in chemistry. It was established on August 22, 2006 and was operated by BioMed Central. Along with BioMed Central and the now-defunct PhysMath Central, Chemistry Central was part of "Open Access Central", representing open access publishing in life science and medicine, physics and maths, and chemistry, respectively. When Springer acquired the BioMed Central Group in 2008, Chemistry Central was transferred with it.
At the end of 2015 the Chemistry Central brand was retired, with the existing journals transferring to the SpringerOpen portfolio. In January 2019, Chemistry Central Journal was renamed BMC Chemistry and brought within the BMC Series journals.
- Journal of Cheminformatics
- Chemistry Central Journal
- Journal of Systems Chemistry
- Geochemical Transactions
- Heritage Science
- Sustainable Chemical Processes
- Chemical and Biological Technologies in Agriculture
- Bradley, David (August 22, 2006). "Next stop, Chemistry Central". Sciencebase. Retrieved 2009-07-31.
- "Open Access Central". 2 February 2007. Archived from the original on 2 February 2007. Retrieved 28 November 2016.CS1 maint: bot: original URL status unknown (link)
- "BioMed Central sold to Springer | The Scientist Magazine®". The Scientist. Retrieved 28 November 2016.
- "Springer Acquires BioMed Central Group (BMC)". www.springer.com. Archived from the original on 2016-03-07. Retrieved 2016-11-28.
- "Chemistry Central journals to transfer to SpringerOpen". www.springeropen.com. SpringerOpen. Retrieved 14 October 2016.
- "Chemistry Central Journal evolves to BMC Chemistry". Retrieved 6 September 2019.