Alternative names for the building are Dean's House or Queensberry Lodging. The Institution was formerly owned by the Dukes of Queensberry.
A window lintel bears the date '1668'.
- Chambers Street, Edinburgh
- Chambers Harrap
- Chambers Dictionary
- List of places in the Scottish Borders
- List of places in Scotland
- Tweeddale Museum and Gallery - information from Scottish Borders Council
- RCAHMS record for Chambers Institution, Peebles, High Street
- CANMORE/RCAHMS record for Chambers Institution, House, Institute, Museum
- HANSARD 1803-2005: Chambers Institution Peebles Order Confirmation Bill