|Chaavu Kaburu Challaga|
|Directed by||Pegallapati Koushik|
|Written by||Pegallapati Koushik|
|Produced by||Bunny Vasu|
Allu Aravind (Presenter)
|Edited by||G. Satya|
|Music by||Jakes Bejoy|
Chaavu Kaburu Challaga is a 2021 Indian Telugu-language romantic comedy-drama film written and directed by Peggalapati Koushik and produced by Bunny Vasu and Allu Aravind under GA2 Pictures. The film stars Kartikeya Gummakonda and Lavanya Tripathi with Murali Sharma, Aamani, and Rajitha play supporting roles. The film was released on 19 March 2021.
Basthi Balaraju is a funeral car driver in Vizag and he lives with his mother, Gangamma, and his bed ridden father. One day he is called to take Peter's body to the cemetery. When he goes to Peter's house he sees Mallika and later on he finds out that Peter was Mallika's husband. However, Balaraju does not care and decides to love Mallika. He tries to make Mallika move on with her life and to choose him as her new husband and this causes trouble with Mallika's father-in-law, Sekhar Samuel. In the process he finds that his mother is having an affair with Mohan who loves Balaraju's mother for long time but Gangamma never accepted his love and they decided to stay as friends. After an altercation with Mohan, Balaraju understands the feelings of his mother by speaking to her about this affair. He then learns that his mother wants a person to share her feelings as her husband has been bed ridden since Balaraju's birth.Balaraju changes as he never thought about her feelings. Balaraju then decides to get Gangamma and Mohan married and at the same time Mallika reciprocates his feelings also. Everything goes smoothly but then Mallika gets a marriage proposal and she has to tell Balaraju that she has to marry another man. She then finds Balaraju at the hospital but at the same time Gangamma is admitted into the hospital after she was in an accident. Due to high blood loss, Gangamma dies and Balaraju slips into depression. Mohan then takes up the role and takes care of both Balaraju and his father and Balaraju works at his mother's corn stand in the beach. Later prior to Mallika's marriage, Balaraju decides to meet with Sekhar and tries to tell him about how much he loves Mallika. During the wedding Sekhar realizes and stops the marriage. Sekhar then finds Balaraju and gets him married to Mallika.
- Kartikeya Gummakonda as Basthi Balaraju
- Lavanya Tripathi as Mallika (Voice dubbed by Chinmayi)
- Aamani as Gangamma, Balaraju's mother
- Murali Sharma as Sekhar Samuel
- Srikanth Iyyengar as TV Mechanic Mohan, Gangamma's boyfriend
- Rajitha as Mallika's mother-in-law
- Tanikella Bharani as Balaraju's uncle (special appearance)
- Bhadram as Balaraju's friend
- Achanta Mahesh
The film was announced in December 2019. The principal photography of the film was started in late 2019. Later that year due to COVID-19 pandemic, the film was delayed. Filming was resumed in October 2020. Music is composed by Malayalam film composer Jakes Bejoy who previously composed for Taxiwaala (2018) in Telugu.
|Chaavu Kaburu Challaga|
|Soundtrack album by|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|Jakes Bejoy chronology|
The soundtrack was released through Aditya Music.
All music is composed by Jakes Bejoy.
|1.||"My Name Iju Raju"||Karunakar Adigarla||L. V. Revanth||4:43|
|2.||"Kadhile Kaalannadiga"||Koushik Pegallapati, Sanare||Gowtham Bharadwaj, Shashaa Tirupati||4:58|
|3.||"Paina Pataaram"||Sanare||Mangli, Ram, Saketh||4:42|
|4.||"Fix Ayipo"||Koushik Pegallapati, Sanare||Rahul Sipligunj, Aditya Tadepalli||3:56|
|5.||"Ayyayyayyo"||Karunakar Adigarla||Aditya Tadepalli||3:57|
|6.||"Yendaro Mosina"||Sanare||Deepika V||4:14|
|7.||"Orori Devudo"||Karunakar Adigarla||Anirudh Suswaram||3:18|
Y. Sunitha Chowdhary of The Hindu wrote that despite a promising storyline, the film could not make a mark. A reviewer from The Hans India felt that director took up a challenging story but faltered in execution. They appreciated the performance of Karthikeya and opined that Tripathi got a novel character. The New Indian Express critic Gabbeta Ranjith Kumar wrote his review on a positive note, praising the storyline and performances.
The Times of India journalist Neesthi Nyayapati opined that the film's noble thought did not translate well, and wrote: "Chaavu Kaburu Challaga dares to go where few films would – show that a woman’s life does not have to end, begin and revolve around her family. If only the film was surefooted enough to deliver that message."
- "The upcoming Telugu film". News Track. 18 September 2020. Retrieved 12 December 2020.
- "Telugu actor Kartikeya to play hero in two upcoming films". The News Minute. 22 September 2020. Retrieved 12 December 2020.
- "Kartikeya Gummakonda and Lavanta Tripathi starrer Chaavu Kaburu Challaga to hit screens on March 19 - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 11 February 2021.
- "Kartikeya's next 'Chaavu Kaburu Challaga' announced! - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 12 December 2020.
- "Kartikeya Gummakonda and Lavanya Tripathi resume shooting for Chaavu Kaburu Challaga in the new normal - Times of India ►". The Times of India. Retrieved 12 December 2020.
- Bureau, Binged (10 April 2021). "Chaavu Kaburu Challaga Aha Video Digital Release Date". Binged. Retrieved 6 May 2021.
- Chowdhary, Y. Sunita (19 March 2021). "'Chaavu Kaburu Challaga' movie review: A diluted plot spoils the party". The Hindu. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 19 March 2021.
- "Chaavu Kaburu Challaga Movie Review & Rating". The Hans India.
- "Chaavu Kaburu Challaga review: Kartikeya Gummakonda's film makes for an engaging watch". The Indian Express. 19 March 2021. Retrieved 19 March 2021.
- Chaavu Kaburu Challaga Movie Review: Noble thoughts that don't translate into an engaging film, retrieved 19 March 2021