|Written by||Campbell and Dorothy Christie|
|Date premiered||28 July 1953|
|Place premiered||Westminster Theatre, London|
Carrington VC is a 1953 stage play by husband and wife playwrights Campbell and Dorothy Christie. The production premiered on the West End in London at the Westminster Theatre. It was directed by Michael MacOwan and starred Alec Clunes, John Wood, John Garside, Allan Cuthbertson, Lionel Jeffries, and Rachel Gurney. A resounding success, the play was adapted for film in 1954.
- Sergeant Crane - Stuart Saunders
- Lieutenant-Colonel B.R. Reeve, M.C. - Philip Pearman
- Bombardier Owen - Victor Maddern
- Evans - Richard Davies
- Cook - William Abney
- Lieutenant-Colonel M.O. Henniker, O.B.E. - Allan Cuthbertson
- Major H. Maunsell - Mark Dignam
- Captain F.T. Foljambe - Robert Bishop
- Captain C.O.P. Carrington, V.C., D.S.O. - Alec Clunes
- Major J.P. Mitchell, M.C. - John Wood
- A. Tester Terry - John Garside
- Brigadier A.S. Meadmore, O.B.E. - Arnold Bell
- Colonel T.B. Huxford, M.B.E. - Willoughby Gray
- Major R.E. Panton, M.M. - Geoffrey Denys
- Major A.T.M. Broke-Smith - Lionel Jeffreys
- Captain A. Graham, W.R.A.C. - Jenny Laird
- Valerie Carrington - Rachel Gurney
In 1954, the play was adapted for the screen by John Hunter, under the direction of Anthony Asquith and producer Teddy Baird. The film was released into theatres by Kingsley-International Pictures in 1955 and starred David Niven and Margaret Leighton.
- Wearing, J. P. (September 16, 2014). The London Stage 1950-1959: A Calendar of Productions, Performers, and Personnel. Rowman & Littlefield. ISBN 9780810893085 – via Google Books.
- "Carrington VC – review | cast and crew, movie star rating and where to watch film on TV and online". Radio Times.
- "Court Martial (1954) - Anthony Asquith | Cast and Crew | AllMovie" – via www.allmovie.com.
- "Carrington V.C. (1955)". BFI.
- "Howard Marion-Crawford in 'CARRINGTON, V.C.'". March 14, 1957. p. 44 – via BBC Genome.