The Okocim Brewery was founded in 1845. Carlsberg beer was imported into Poland until Carlsberg acquired a stake in the Okocim Brewery in 1997 in exchange for giving Okocim a license to produce Carlsberg.
Carlsberg expanded its presence in Poland in 2001 by becoming a majority shareholder of Okocim and purchasing the Bosman, Kasztelan and Piast breweries; the operation was named the Carlsberg Okocim Group. The Carlsberg brand was re-launched that year and became the fastest growing international brand in Poland, with a sales increase of 671%.
In 2004 Carlsberg purchased the remaining shares of Okocim and renamed the group, Carlsberg Polska. Carlsberg Polska is a 100% owned subsidiary of the Carlsberg Group and is the third largest brewing company in the Polish beer market, which is one of the world's top 10 by volume.
Okocim Brewery was established in 1845 by Johann Evangelist Götz, who was born in Wirtemberg in 1815. His son Jan Albin expanded the family business, married a Polish aristocrat, and changed his name to Goetz-Okocimski. In 1945 the brewery was nationalised, then reprivatised in the 1990s. Carlsberg first acquired an interest in 1996, eventually acquiring full control in 2004.
Brands produced are mainly pale lagers of varying strengths ranging from 0.5% abv to 7% and include Carlsberg, O.K. Beer, Signature, Mocne, and Karmi. The brewery produces two dark lagers, Palone (5.5%) and Porter (8.3%).
The Kasztelan Brewery was founded in 1972 and taken over by Carlsberg in 2004. It produces three pale lagers, Kasztelan Jasne Pełne, Kasztelan Mocne and Kasztelan Niepasteryzowane.
Carlsberg Polska's portfolio includes three other national brands - Harnas, launched in 2003, Okocim, and Karmi, a beer designed for women. It also has three regional brands – Piast, Kasztelan and Bosman.
- Carlsberg - Poland Archived March 27, 2010, at the Wayback Machine
- Michael Jackson's Beer Hunter - Climbing up Poles to sniff the first hops
- STAWSKI DISTRIBUTING – Okocim Beer Archived January 18, 2008, at the Wayback Machine
- "Springwise: More beer for women". Archived from the original on 2007-10-23. Retrieved 2008-01-21.
- Carlsberg - Karmi Choco Archived November 14, 2008, at the Wayback Machine
- "Kasztelan - Piwo na medal". Archived from the original on 2008-01-21. Retrieved 2008-01-21.