|Carle Place High School|
168 Cherry Lane
|Motto||CP: The C stands for compassion; the P stands for passion.|
|School district||Carle Place Union Free School District|
|Student to teacher ratio||9.16|
|Color(s)||Green and White|
|Athletics conference||NYSPHSAA Section 8|
|Website||Official Website[dead link]|
As of the 2016–17 school year, the school had an enrollment of 652 students and 71.05 classroom teachers (on an FTE basis), for a student–teacher ratio of 9.18:1. There were 107 students (16.4% of enrollment) eligible for free lunch and 16 (2.5% of students) eligible for reduced-cost lunch.
This section needs additional citations for verification. (June 2021)
- Matt Snell, former pro football player for the New York Jets
- Joe Satriani, guitar virtuoso and instrumentalist. Lead guitarist for Chickenfoot. Played with Deep Purple and Mick Jagger.
- Steve Vai, another guitar virtuoso who was one of Joe Satriani's students, with many solo albums to his credit, and other collaborations/appearances - including Frank Zappa, Public Image Limited, David Lee Roth, and Whitesnake
- Charles J. Fuschillo Jr., former Republican member of the New York State Senate and President and CEO of the Alzheimer's Foundation of America
- Dawn Johnsen, lawyer and professor of constitutional law
- Myles Brand, former president of the NCAA.
- Brendan Hay, Hollywood executive and creator
- Billy Miller, rock 'n roll musician and archivist
- School data for Carle Place Middle Senior High School, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed February 26, 2021.
- Sister Schools Archived 2008-07-05 at the Wayback Machine. Accessed January 10, 2012.
- Matt Snell Archived 2009-09-17 at the Wayback Machine, database Football. Accessed August 1, 2009.
- Perlah, Jeff. "GUITAR WIZARD JOE SATRIANI ON TEACHING STEVE VAI, DRINKING WITH SAMMY HAGAR AND HIS LATEST G3 TOUR". Retrieved 11 March 2019.