|Sport||Stock car racing|
Established in 1981 by President Anthony Novotny, CASCAR boasted the highest level of stock car racing in Canada and sanctioned Canada's only national stock car racing series, the CASCAR Super Series. The sanctioning body also oversaw divisions such as the Hobby Stock and CASCAR West Super Series, the latter of which replaced the Hobby Stock division and ran combination races alongside the national Super Series.
On November 16, 2004, CASCAR announced it had entered a multi-year operational and marketing agreement with NASCAR, after NASCAR had formed NASCAR Canada earlier in the year. This also opened the way for NASCAR's purchase of CASCAR. On September 12, 2006, NASCAR completed its purchase of CASCAR and announced the NASCAR Canadian Tire Series, a series of 10–12 races from May–October 2007. On December 7, 2015, it was announced that Pinty's Delicious Foods Inc. was the new sponsor of the series after Canadian Tire announced on February 17, 2015 that they were not renewing their sponsorship after the 2015 season.
Unlike NASCAR, which mandates the use of steel-bodied shells, CASCAR-approved cars consisted of fiberglass bodyshells covering custom-made tube-frame racing chassis.
CASCAR events were held on short track ovals, permanent road courses, temporary road courses and street courses.
- Suderman, Art (June 26, 1992). "Fledgling sport is taking a fast run at success". Calgary Herald. Retrieved December 28, 2020 – via Newspapers.com.
- Simnett, Chris (August 10, 1995). "Gandy steady in Calgary". Prince George Free Press. Retrieved December 28, 2020 – via Newspapers.com.
- "CASCAR enters agreement with NASCAR". motorsport.com. Retrieved February 16, 2015.
-  Jim Cressman, London Free Press "NASCAR close to buying CASCAR", accessed January 1, 2007
- TSN.ca staff, "NASCAR launches series in Canada" September 12, 2006, Retrieved January 1, 2007
- Pappone, Jeff (February 17, 2015). "Canadian Tire ending partnership with Canadian NASCAR series". The Globe and Mail. Retrieved February 18, 2015.
- "Pinty's To Sponsor Canadian Series". NASCAR.com. NASCAR Media Group. December 7, 2015. Archived from the original on December 11, 2015. Retrieved December 7, 2015.