|Burr and Burton Academy|
57 Seminary Avenue
|Type||Private boarding school|
|Motto||Offering every student a world of opportunities|
|NCES School ID||A1503901|
|Teaching staff||69.8 (on a FTE basis)|
|Student to teacher ratio||10.2|
|Color(s)||Green and Gold|
Tuition varies from local commuting students which are paid for by the sending town. Tuition for the 2016–2017 school year is $16,250 for local students and $17,250 for students who do not reside in a sending town. International tuition is $43,900 for a boarding international student requiring ESL support.
- James K. Batchelder, Speaker of the Vermont House of Representatives
- Jacob Benton, US Congressman
- Sarah Norcliffe Cleghorn, educator, author, social reformer and poet
- Carroll William Dodge, mycologist and lichenologist
- Richard Erdman, artist
- Fred A. Field, US Marshal for Vermont
- John C. Hollister, tenth Connecticut Adjutant General
- John B. Page, governor of Vermont
- Frederick M. Reed, attorney and businessman
- Joseph Wickham Roe, engineer and professor
- Ormsby B. Thomas, US Congressman
- Stephen A. Walker, US Attorney for the Southern District of New York
- Bill Wilson, co-founder of Alcoholics Anonymous
- Lyman Coleman, former principal
- Harvey Dorfman, former coach
- Richard C. Overton, former teacher
- Charles C. Stroud, former teacher
- "Search for Private Schools – School Detail for BURR & BURTON ACADEMY". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved September 10, 2019.
- "Headmaster's Welcome". Burr and Burton Academy. Retrieved September 10, 2019.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2008-10-11. Retrieved 2008-10-19.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Dodge, Prentiss Cutler (1912). Encyclopedia of Vermont Biography. Burlington, VT: Ullery Publishing Company. pp. 188-189 – via Internet Archive.
- Smith, Henry Perry (1886). History of Rutland County, Vermont. Syracuse, NY: D. Mason & Co. pp. 922–923 – via Internet Archive.