|Replaced||National Sporting Club|
The British Boxing Board of Control (BBBofC) is the governing body of professional boxing in the United Kingdom. It was formed in 1929 from the old National Sporting Club and is headquartered in Cardiff.
The Board divides the country into seven "Area" Councils:
1. Scottish Area
2. Northern Ireland Area
3. Welsh Area
4. Northern Area
5. Central Area
6. Southern Area
7. Midlands Area
Western Area was merged with the Southern Area.
The Board also sanctions bouts for British boxing's most prestigious title: the Lonsdale Belt. The Lonsdale Belt is awarded to the champion of the United Kingdom in each respective weight class and to win the belt outright it must be defended against a British challenger on at least three occasions.
The Board is known for its unique scoring system. Except for title fights (where the bout is scored by three judges, none of whom serve as fight referee), the referee is the sole scorer. After the bout (if the fight goes to points decision), the referee hands his decision to the MC and the winner is announced, the referee then raising the arm of the winner – or, in the event of a draw, both boxers' arms.
|Weight class:||Reign began:||Champion||Record:||Defenses:|
|Super-flyweight||21 December 2019||Sunny Edwards||14–0 (4 KO)||0|
|Bantamweight||16 November 2019||Lee McGregor||8–0 (6 KO)||0|
|Super-bantamweight||8 March 2019||Brad Foster||13–0–2 (5 KO)||4|
|Featherweight||13 February 2021||Leigh Wood||24–2 (14 KO)||0|
|Super-featherweight||30 November 2019||Anthony Cacace||18–1 (7 KO)||0|
|Lightweight||1 August 2020||James Tennyson||27–3 (23 KO)||0|
|Super-lightweight||2 September 2020||Akeem Ennis-Brown||14–0 (1 KO)||0|
|Welterweight||8 March 2019||Chris Jenkins||22–3–3 (8 KO)||2|
|Super-welterweight||19 October 2019||Scott Fitzgerald||14–0 (9 KO)||0|
|Middleweight||24 April 2021||Felix Cash||14–0 (10 KO)||0|
|Light-heavyweight||18 December 2020||Craig Richards||16–1–1 (9 KO)||0|
|Heavyweight||28 November 2020||Joe Joyce||12–0 (11 KO)||0|
- List of British heavyweight boxing champions
- List of British light-heavyweight boxing champions
- List of British middleweight boxing champions
- List of British welterweight boxing champions
- List of British lightweight boxing champions
- List of British featherweight boxing champions
- List of British bantamweight boxing champions
- List of British flyweight boxing champions
- Commonwealth Boxing Council
- Amateur Boxing Association of England
- Gems, Gerald R. (13 March 2014). Boxing. ISBN 9781442229914. Retrieved 28 March 2016.
- "Sport | Round one for women's boxing". BBC News. 24 November 1998. Retrieved 30 September 2015.
- "British Boxing Board of Control". BBBofC. 25 July 2008. Archived from the original on 25 July 2008. Retrieved 21 October 2017.