|Circulation||2,865 (as of 2020)|
|Sister newspapers||Scarborough News|
The Bridlington Free Press is a newspaper that was launched in 1859, is now owned by Johnston Press (Johnston Press New Media) and is distributed in the Bridlington area of the East Riding of Yorkshire, England.
A new edition of the paper is released every Thursday.
The paper also employs a number of freelance editorial and photographic staff members.
A new independent paper, the Bridlington Echo was launched in July 2016 in competition against the Bridlington Free Press.
- "Bridlington Free Press" (PDF). abc.org.uk. Retrieved 16 May 2017.
- "Only a handful of weekly regional newspapers increase sales as nearly 100 leave ABC altogether – Press Gazette". www.pressgazette.co.uk. Retrieved 16 May 2017.
- "Bridlington Free Press | Johnston Press plc". www.johnstonpress.co.uk. Archived from the original on 17 November 2018. Retrieved 16 May 2017.
- "Bridlington Local Studies Library" (PDF). eastriding.gov.uk. Retrieved 16 May 2017.
- "contact us - Bridlington Free Press". www.bridlingtonfreepress.co.uk. Retrieved 16 May 2017.
- "contact us - The Scarborough News". www.thescarboroughnews.co.uk. Retrieved 16 May 2017.
- "contact us - Whitby Gazette". www.whitbygazette.co.uk. Retrieved 16 May 2017.
- Sharman, David (9 June 2016). "Scarborough Review founder quits to launch Bridlington Echo - Journalism News from HoldtheFrontPage". Hold the Front Page. Retrieved 16 May 2017.