This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2013)
|• Mayor||Kristof Joos|
|• Governing party/ies||NVA|
|• Total||45.76 km2 (17.67 sq mi)|
|• Density||460/km2 (1,200/sq mi)|
|Area codes||03, 052|
Bornem (Dutch pronunciation: [ˈbɔrnɛm], old spelling: Bornhem) is a municipality located in the Belgian province of Antwerp. The municipality comprises the village of Bornem proper, Hingene, Wintam, Mariekerke and Weert. There are also the hamlets of Branst, Buitenland, Eikevliet and Wintam. On 1 January 2006, Bornem had a total population of 20,064. The total area is 45.76 km² which gives a population density of 438 inhabitants per km².
- Bornem Castle, Residence of the House Marnix de Sainte-Aldegonde.
- Bornem Abbey, only Cistercian Abbey in Flanders: residence of former general Amadeus de Bie and Henricus Smeulders.
- Walter Boeykens (b. Bornem, 6 January 1938), clarinetist
- Pedro Coloma, Baron of Bornhem, who purchased the lordship in 1586 and renovated the castle
- Jan Hammenecker (Mariekerke, 2 October 1878 – Westrode, 13 June 1932), writer and priest
- Marc Van Ranst (b. Bornem, 20 June 1965), virologist
- Dries De Bondt (b. Bornem, 4 July 1991), cyclist. 2020 Belgian National Road Race Cycling Champion
- Bornem Titans, an American football team
- Bornem abbey beer is brewed by Brouwerij Van Steenberge in Ertvelde
- "Wettelijke Bevolking per gemeente op 1 januari 2018". Statbel. Retrieved 9 March 2019.