|Directed by||Kaizad Gustad|
|Written by||Kaizad Gustad|
|Produced by||Ayesha Shroff|
|Music by||Sandeep Chowta|
In Network Ltd.
Xlantic Musuc Group
|Box office||$12 million|
Boom is a 2003 Indian black comedy thriller film directed by Kaizad Gustad and produced by Jackie Shroff's wife, Ayesha Shroff, the film features Amitabh Bachchan, Jackie Shroff, Gulshan Grover, Padma Lakshmi, Madhu Sapre, Zeenat Aman and Katrina Kaif. Boom was Katrina Kaif's debut film. She was a last-minute replacement of model Meghna Reddy.The movie was released on 19 September 2003. It explores the involvement of the fashion world with underworld organised crime.
Anu Gaekwad, Sheila Bardez and Rina Kaif are three of India's top models and they are participating in a fashion show hosted by a prestigious brand of diamond jewellers. While on the ramp walk of the fashion show, one of the other models (perhaps intentionally) trips Anu, and she goes crashing down, which is a model's worst nightmare. Anu's supportive friends, Sheila and Rina, come to the rescue. The trio immediately confront the model who had tripped Anu and the argument (held in front of the audience) degenerates into a catfight. As the women scuffle with each other, they are met with a big surprise. Hundreds of glittering stolen diamonds, which were due to be smuggled out of the country, fall from the model's hair and on to the ramp, only to be snatched up by paparazzi and celebrities alike. Anu, Sheila and Rina are in shock as the fashion show turns to mayhem. The stolen diamonds are priceless and have to be recovered by the gangsters, who hold the three glamorous models responsible for the heist-gone-wrong. The diamonds were due to be smuggled to Dubai and were stolen by Chhote Mia. They were then to be handed to his brothers. The leader of the trio, Bade Mia is determined to get the diamonds back and so begins a cat-and-mouse game between the three models and the three gangsters.
- Amitabh Bachchan As Bade Mia
- Gulshan Grover as Medium Mia / Cutpiece Salim Suiting Shirting
- Jackie Shroff as Chhote Mia / Abdul 50-50
- Zeenat Aman as Alice
- Katrina Kaif as Rina Kaif / Popdi Chinchpokli
- Madhu Sapre as Anu Gaekwad
- Padma Lakshmi as Sheila Bardez
- Javed Jaffrey as Boom Shankar aka Boom Boom
- Seema Biswas as Bharti
- Boman Irani as Jewellery shop owner/Potential Diamond Buyer in Dubai
- Bo Derek – Cameo appearance
- Rohit Bal – Cameo appearance
- Wendell Rodricks – Cameo appearance
The film performed very poorly at the box office. Its lifetime collections amounted to no less than Rs. 12 million . The producer of the film, Ayesha Shroff, had to sell some assets for herself and her husband (Jackie Shroff) ; the money owed to one financier alone amounted to Rs. 180 million. Shroff later indicated that his marriage suffered as a consequence, and that his relationship with his wife "was tough after Boom."
In June 2020, Tiger Shroff opened up about the impact of Boom's failure on his family. The actor said, “I remember how our furniture was sold off, one by one. Things I’d grown up seeing around us started disappearing. Then my bed went. I started to sleep on the floor. It was the worst feeling of my life."
|1||"Boom"||Talvin Singh||Ila Arun|
|2||"Mundian To Bach Ke"||Punjabi MC||Labh Janjua|
|3||"Nachna Tere Naal" (Dance With You)||Rishi Rich, Jay Sean, Juggi D.||Jay Sean, Juggi D.|
|4||"I See You Baby"||Andrew Cato, Tom Findlay, Tod Wooten||Groove Armada, Gram'ma Funk|
|5||"Dope The Pope"||Sandeep Chowta||Sukhwinder Singh, Sowmya Raoh|
|6||"Punjabi 5-0"||The Dum Dum Project||The Dum Dum Project|
|7||"Zindabad"||Talvin Singh||Ravi Singh|
|8||"Ramp-age"||Sandeep Chowta||Sowmya Raoh|
|10||"Seduction Saavariya"||Sandeep Chowta||Sonu Kakkar, Sunitha Sarathy|
|11||"Two Dons and a Bitch"||Sandeep Chowta||Sandeep Chowta|
|13||"The Crawford Market Feeling"||Sandeep Chowta||Sandeep Chowta|
|14||"Bhavani Dayani"||Jez Humble||Jez Humble|
|15||"Boom" (Dat Guy Remix)||Talvin Singh||Ila Arun|
- Bhatt, Tripti (13 March 2015). "Katrina Kaif at India Today Conclave: Salman will always remain an important part of my life". India Today. Retrieved 9 August 2016.
- Ayaz, Shaikh (1 September 2006). "Jackie may revive his banner". Daily News & Analysis. Retrieved 4 September 2016.
- "Boom (2003) – Box Office Earnings". Bollywood Hungama. Retrieved 4 September 2016.
- Vickey Lalwani (18 August 2009). "Kat is Turquotte, not Kaif: Ayesha Shroff". The Times of India. Retrieved 4 September 2016 – via Mumbai Mirror.
- DelhiSeptember 5, India Today Web Desk New; September 5, 2019UPDATED; Ist, 2019 19:00. "Tiger Shroff on how Boom failure affected his family: Our furniture was sold off one by one". India Today. Retrieved 12 August 2021.CS1 maint: numeric names: authors list (link)
- "Tiger Shroff on failure of 2003 film 'Boom' and how it impacted his family". www.thenews.com.pk. Retrieved 12 August 2021.
- "How AB became Bade Mia". Rediff.com. 1 September 2003. Retrieved 9 February 2018.