|The Yogi Bear Show character|
|First appearance||Yogi Bear's Big Break (1958)|
|Created by||William Hanna|
|Voiced by||Don Messick (1958–1996)|
Jack Mercer (Movie Wheels Present Huckleberry Hound and Yogi Bear (1960))
Frank Milano (Songs of Yogi Bear and his Pals LP (1961), A Hap-Hap-Happy Christmas from Yogi Bear (1961), How to Be a Better-Than-the Average Child Without Really Trying! (1962), Hey There, It's Yogi Bear! LP (1964))
Ernest Newton (singing voice in Hey There, It's Yogi Bear!)
June Foray (Yogi Bear and Boo Boo Tell Stories Of Little Red Riding Hood and Jack and the Beanstalk LP (1965))
Chuck McCann (Wake Up, America! LP (1965))
Daws Butler (1973–1983; "Hear-See-Do" Hanna-Barbera Record of Safety, Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade (animated segments))
Keith Scott (Pauls commercial)
Jeff Bergman (Cartoon Network bumpers, Lullabye-Bye Bear, When Bears Attack, GEICO commercial)
Billy West (Cartoon Network bumpers)
Greg Burson (Primestar commercial)
John Kricfalusi (Boo Boo Runs Wild, A Day in the Life of Ranger Smith, Boo Boo and the Man)
Tom Kenny (1998, 2002-2004; I Am Weasel, Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law, The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy)
Victor Yerrid (Robot Chicken)
Scott Innes (At Picnic, Forest, Honey Lesson)
Justin Timberlake (2010 film)
Tom Virtue (Yogi Bear: The Video Game)
Seth Green (Robot Chicken)
Chris Cox (Mad)
Eric Bauza (Quicken Loans commercial, Jellystone! 2016-present)
|Relatives||Yogi Bear (best friend)|
Ranger Smith (friend)
Cindy Bear (friend)
Boo-Boo Bear is a Hanna-Barbera cartoon character on The Yogi Bear Show. Boo-Boo is an anthropomorphic bear cub who wears a blue or purple bowtie. Boo-Boo is Yogi Bear's constant companion, and often acts as his conscience. He tries (usually unsuccessfully) to keep Yogi from doing things he should not do, and also to keep Yogi from getting into trouble with Ranger Smith - often saying, "Mr. Ranger isn't gonna like this, Yogi." It is not readily apparent whether Boo-Boo is a juvenile bear with a precocious intellect or simply an adult bear who is short of stature.
Since then, Boo-Boo has remained at Yogi's side through almost all of the Hanna-Barbera series, movies, and specials in which Yogi appeared, the only exceptions being Yogi's Space Race and Galaxy Goof-Ups, in which Boo-Boo's place was taken by a new character named Scare Bear. Boo-Boo's classic voice actor was Don Messick who also voiced Ranger Smith.
- Throughout the 1990s, Boo-Boo (voiced by Jeff Bergman and Billy West) usually appeared with Yogi in various Cartoon Network commercials and bumpers.
- In the Dexter's Laboratory episode "Chubby Cheese", an animatronic Boo-Boo can be seen on stage playing the trumpet with other Hanna-Barbera characters.
- Boo-Boo appears in the I Am Weasel episode "I Am My Lifetime" voiced by Tom Kenny.
- Spümcø has made a few parody cartoons starring Boo-Boo and other characters from the original Yogi Bear series, starting with 1999's Boo Boo Runs Wild. In this half-hour tale, Boo-Boo's nice-guy persona is heavily satirized with him simply being repressed by all of Ranger Smith's rules and regulations, and finds him regressing into a primal state, complete with typical bear-like urges and mannerisms. He was voiced by John Kricfalusi.
- Boo-Boo appears with Yogi Bear in The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy episode "Here Thar Be Dwarves!", voiced by Tom Kenny. He later appears in the episode "Irwin Gets a Clue" as one of several Hanna-Barbera characters to be run into by Hoss Delgado's truck.
- Boo-Boo appears in the Yogi Bear feature voiced by singer/actor Justin Timberlake. In the film, he has a pet frog-mouthed turtle named Turtle, and must help Yogi save Jellystone (and Turtle) from Mayor R. Brown.
- Boo-Boo appears with Yogi Bear in the Harvey Birdman, Attorney at Law episode "Death by Chocolate" voiced by Tom Kenny, and in other episodes in cameos.
- Boo Boo will appear in the upcoming HBO Max series Jellystone!
- On May 10, 2021, Boo-Boo and Yogi appeared in a commercial advertisement for GEICO stealing food from a family cookout in Bear Country.
From the time of the character's debut until 1996, the character was voiced by Don Messick who died in 1997.
Scott Innes performed the voice Boo Boo along with Yogi Bear in At Picnic, Forest, and Honey Lesson.
- The Huckleberry Hound Show (1958-1960)
- The Yogi Bear Show (1961-1962)
- Yogi Bear & Friends (1967-1968)
- Yogi's Gang (1973)
- Laff-A-Lympics (1977-1979)
- Yogi's Treasure Hunt (1985–1986)
- The New Yogi Bear Show (1988)
- Wake, Rattle, and Roll (1990–1991)
- Yo Yogi! (1991)
- Boo Boo Runs Wild and A Day in the Life of Ranger Smith (1999)
- Boo Boo and the Man (2002)
- Jellystone! (2021)
Films and specials
- Hey There, It's Yogi Bear! (1964) (singing voice by Ernie Newton)
- Yogi's Ark Lark (1972)
- Casper's First Christmas (1979)
- Yogi's First Christmas (1980)
- Yogi Bear's All Star Comedy Christmas Caper (1982)
- Yogi's Great Escape (1987)
- Yogi Bear and the Magical Flight of the Spruce Goose (1987)
- Yogi and the Invasion of the Space Bears (1988)
- The Good, the Bad, and Huckleberry Hound (1988)
- Hanna-Barbera's 50th: A Yabba Dabba Doo Celebration (1989)
- Yogi the Easter Bear (1994)
- Arabian Nights (1994) (final time voiced by Don Messick)
- Yogi Bear a live-action/animated film released in 3-D on December 17, 2010 (voiced by Justin Timberlake)
- Space Jam: A New Legacy (2021)
- Yogi Bear: Great Balloon Blast (2000)
- Yogi Bear: The Video Game (2010)
- List of Hanna-Barbera characters
- List of Yogi Bear characters
- Yogi Bear (disambiguation)
- The Yogi Bear Show
- The New Yogi Bear Show
- Yogi's Gang
- Yogi's Treasure Hunt
- Yo Yogi!
- "Felix, Huck, Yogi & Jack Mercer on Movie Wheel Records". cartoonresearch.com. Retrieved 22 July 2020.
- "Golden Records First (and Last) Cartoon Music Compilation". cartoonresearch.com. Retrieved 22 July 2020.
- "Frank Milano - Songs Of Yogi Bear And His Pals (1961, Vinyl)". Discogs. Retrieved July 22, 2020.
- "Frank Milano - Have A Hap-Hap-Happy Christmas From Yogi Bear (1961, Vinyl)". Discogs. Retrieved July 30, 2020.
- "Total TeleVision Cartoons – on Records". cartoonresearch.com. Retrieved 15 November 2020.
- "Frank Milano, Dottie Evans, Mike Stewart – How to Be a Better-Than-the Average Child Without Really Trying (1962, Vinyl)". Discogs. Retrieved May 20, 2021.
- "Hanna-Barbera's First Movie Soundtrack". cartoonresearch.com. Retrieved 22 July 2020.
- "Yogi Bear And Boo Boo - Tell Stories Of Little Red Riding Hood And Jack And The Beanstalk (1965, Vinyl)". Discogs. Retrieved July 30, 2020.
- "Chuck McCann, Yogi Bear And His Friends - Wake Up America! (1965, Vinyl)". Discogs. Retrieved July 22, 2020.
- "Fitness vs. Fatness (Part 9): Ask What You Can Chew For Your Country". cartoonresearch.com. Retrieved 3 June 2021.
- Ehrbar, Greg (July 26, 2016). "Hanna-Barbera Characters Talk 'Safety'-on Records". Cartoon Research. Retrieved August 9, 2020.
- "Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade 1983". YouTube. Retrieved July 22, 2020.
- "Yogi Fruits - Australian TV Ad 1980's". YouTube. Retrieved 30 December 2020.
- "Voice(s) of Boo-Boo Bear in Robot Chicken". Behind The Voice Actors. Retrieved 2020-08-09.
- Rovin, Jeff (1991). The Illustrated Encyclopedia of Cartoon Animals. Prentice Hall Press. p. 32. ISBN 0-13-275561-0. Retrieved 8 April 2020.
- "Cartoon Scrapbook". Yogi Bear
- Sennett, Ted (1989). The Art of Hanna-Barbera: Fifty Years of Creativity. Studio. p. 60. ISBN 978-0670829781. Retrieved 2 June 2020.
- "The Internet Movie Database". Boo-Boo Bear Filmography